𝚁𝚊𝚢: 𝙸𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎

Requested by: Yuilesmollbeanuwu

Type: Fluff
Pronouns: Female
Warnings: Manga/Anime Spoilers!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・.・。.・゜✭・✫・゜・。.

・゜✭・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・.・。.・゜✭・✫・゜・。.

The low winds of the night drifted through the trees. Your body laid on the soft surface of your makeshift bed that separated you and the rugged terrain.
Your family laid around you quietly sleeping through the night, not feeling losing any sleep.
You on the other hand were wide awake for the 5th time this week. Your body begging for a good night rest while your inner thoughts fought at each other.
"Im not gonna get any sleep like this."
you carefully untangled yourself from one of the younger kids, careful to put them back in the same position they once were in.
Standing up from the floor you looked around at the dark forest that hid everything from your sight. A dark, unnerving vibe emitted from the trees, but the guilt of leaving your once home overpowered it.
Your feet took you towards a nearby river, the soft feeling of grass cushioning your feet. Why am I feeling guilty?
Mama was faking her love for us!
The songs she sang, her smiles, laughs...
Your feet slowed down as your thoughts processed. You didn't feel guilty, you felt sad.
Your own mind had not even noticed the fact that you still missed mama even though she lied to you about everything. A painful feeling found it's way into your chest.
"why do i miss her so much?" you voice cracked as tears filled your eyes. The pain of not having mama anymore hurt more than words could describe. Vision blurring as your knees failed to keep you upright.
Your body crumbled onto the ground with your hands clenching the white material of your shirt, tears freely flowing down your face.
"Dammit!" you shouted, not caring if anyone had heard. Your fist smashed against the dirt, that did nothing but help plants grow. The thought of mama not loving you all in the first place was something your brain would have never crossed your mine before.
But here you are, in the middle of a forest trying to run away from the one person you want to be with. Your body stayed huddled on the ground, your exposed knees being scrapped slightly by the sharp sticks that laid around.
"did she not love us?"

"y/n she did love us."
Your head snapped back around to see Ray walking towards you. He calmly walked towards your figure hands tucked into his pants.
"r-ray?" you asked, trying to figure out why he was here.
"yo." he said. Ray crouched beside you, putting his hand onto your head. His touch immediately calmed your tense body.
"i know you miss mom, we all do. but losing sleep and not eating is not going to help." he whispered, gently rubbing your head.
Ray moved to crouch in front of you, his eyes staring into your own.
"i'm worried about you y/n." he said. His arm moved down to your face. Ray's fingers gingerly traced your deep eye bags, softly smiling at your heated cheeks.
You stared at Ray as he wiped away your tears, the new and old ones. His soft gaze never fading from his face.
"thank you." your voice painfully cracked as the last tears fell from your eyes. He responded with a small hum before sitting down on the healthy grass.
His legs sat in a criss-cross position as he leaned back onto the palms of his hands.
"you can sit on my lap if you want. i know getting sleep is hard so i'll stay with you until you fall asleep." he said, watching your expression change from sad to surprised to flustered. His cheeks turned slightly pink from his idea but he kept his composure opposite of you.
"y-you don't have to do that! i'm f-fine by myself!" your cheeks flushed a deep red as you waved your hands in front of your body. The thought of sitting in rays lap with a skirt was a big no.
"no, i'm doing this because i know you aren't going to fall asleep again. i'm not going to do anything to you." he stated.
Ray watched as you hesitated before crawling over to him. You draped your legs over one of his making sure to keep your skirt tucked while your arms were positioned in between your bodies, keeping your chest from touching his.
"don't be so tense y/n. just relax." he said wrapping his arms around your torso. Your body slowly melted into his embrace. Ray hummed a soft tune as he laid his head onto your shoulder, rocking you back and fourth.
"don't worry because i'm here." He drew soft circles onto your back as your body relaxed into his own. The heat radiating off of him putting you into a deep slumber. Ray looked down to see your peaceful face, enjoying your warmth against his.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・.・。.・゜✭・✫・゜・。.

・゜✭・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・.・。.・゜✭・✫・゜・。.

oh god i haven't written a oneshot in so long
i'm sorry if it's a bit rushed, i didn't have time to edit a whole bunch😭