Epilogue (part two)

Start from the beginning

Undoubtedly I had put on some weights like every other mother. But I was loosing it quickly too. Alyssa and mama Coralyn had admonished me enough times telling me that loosing weight so fast wasn't really healthy.

My best friend had accused me of starving myself and blamed my chronic yoga for the weight loss. All of which had earned me a rebuking.

After I was polished and shiny like a new penny, I gave my baby boy a generous cuddle to make up for the lost time. I have never left Icarus with someone else before. Not even for a few minutes let alone a whole night.

As much as I know that he won't have any trouble with feeding because I had already pumped enough bottles and I knew as long as somebody gave him cuddles and rocked him in their arms, he would fall asleep. He won't most likely realize that I was gone but then again- I haven't been away from him apart from bathroom breaks.

But I knew Alyssa will handle my little boy just fine because he had handled his daddy. How hard can one more be for a night. Right? Right.

After Alyssa promised that she would call if anything was wrong or Icarus was fussy, I felt the house- reluctant yet a little relived.

Bertie drove me to Angelo's office and wished me a good evening with a wink that made me grimace at him.

Bertie moved out of the outhouse to a smaller three bedroom house three minute away from us. He had met a nice lady and settled, finally. She was five months expecting with their first daughter.

Bertie being the dad to a little girl just drawled out an awe from whoever knew him. It was cute. Hannah, Bertie's wife who made the best butter cookies in the world was a darn sweet lady who owned two dogs herself. And so she would come over every now and then to give Icarus a coddle and for the dogs to have a play date.

Often Icarus, I, Coco and Poods would walk to Hannah's to deliver some cream puffs and doggie play date.

My heels clicked again at the floor as I made my way into the building. The receptionist was ready to leave for the day.

"How can I help you?" She asked not looking up from stuffing her necessities in her bag.

"It's fine." I replied placing my clutch on the desk and dialing Angelo's cell. "I'm not going up or anything."

The receptionist has to be new given that I hadn't seen her once before today.

"Sure." The girl muttered almost as if bored and waiting for the remaining minutes of her shift to be over. With my phone against my ears, I tapped my heel calf feet on the ground. Come on, baby. Pick up~

"Look at you, muffin bottom." I heard my best friend's voice. Dressed in a maroon pant suit, she showcased a pair of dangling diamond earrings with a pear shaped red beryl charm at the bottom.

I knew it!

I knew I didn't loose them! How- what a mean little-

I winked a naughty wink. "Look at you missus corporate."

She fanned herself walking toward me. Her Prada satchel bag on her hand. "You look good." She complimented eyeing my dress. "For once you're out of pajamas."