Don't Leave Me Again

This request comes from user24423683. In this one, Ash is sick with a fever from an infection, so Gladion cares for him and hears Ash rant about something important in his sleep. I took a bit of inspiration from getting bitten by a feral cat. I would have gotten sick if my mother hadn't helped me. Anyway, I hope you all like this. Enjoy and hugs. P.S Happy Pride Month everyone

When Ash opened his eyes the next morning, he groaned in pain. Hearing the groan, Pikachu sat up with worry before looking at Ash.

Sometimes, I hate Team Rocket, he thought as he kicked off his blanket, trying to escape the heat combination of the blanket and the rising sun currently shining through his window.

"Morning!" Rotom's shrill and cheerful voice rang through the air. Ash groaned again, rolling over onto his stomach and burying his head under his pillow. Pikachu, who was sitting on Ash's stomach, quickly jumped to the ground to avoid being crushed by Ash.

"Come on Ash!" Rotom cried as he hovered above the pillow over Ash's head. "It's time to wake up!"

"Please stop yelling," Ash begged as his head throbbed.

"But Ash, I'm not yelling," Rotom said in confusion as it lifted the pillow off Ash's head so it could look at Ash properly. "And you have to... wait, are you okay?"

"I just need a minute," Ash said as he turned his head to face to look at Rotom, sighing as he felt Rotom place one of its arms gently on Ash's forehead. "That feels nice. Would you put your other arm on the back of my neck please?"

"Ash, your temperature is rising!" Rotom said in alarm. "I'm going to find the professors."

Ash moaned as he felt the cool metal of Rotom's arm leave his forehead before rolling to his left, forgetting that his left arm was his bandaged arm. He hissed in pain before rolling back to his right.

Had to get bothered by Team Rocket yesterday, he thought bitterly as he closed his eyes, hoping his headache would fade. Had to get attacked by Mareanie.

"Ash?"

Ash opened his eyes to see Kukui, Burnet and his Pokémon looking at him in concern.

"Are you okay?" Burnet asked, gently placing her hand against Ash's face.

"Headache," Ash said, enjoying the feeling of Burnet's cool hand on his hot skin. "I feel a little hot and my arm hurts."

"I think you might be reacting to the bite you got from Mareanie yesterday," Burnet stated as she stood up. "I'll get you some medicine."

As she turned to go down the ladder, Kukui took her place to help Ash sit up and feel his face.

"She's right Ash," Kukui said as his hand moved from Ash's forehead to his cheeks. "I think you might be getting a fever. Have you ever had reactions like this to poison type Pokémon before?"

"I have had reactions to a couple of poison type moves," Ash admitted. "But nothing like this."

"Well, Mareanie poison is liquid due to it being a water type as well," Kukui said thoughtfully as Burnet came back with some tablets and a glass of water. "Ash, maybe you should stay home today."

Ash's eyes widened as he quickly took the tablets and swallowed them with the water, shuddering and hiccupping for drinking too fast.

"No please," Ash begged as he put the glass down. "I've been looking forward to this field trip all week. Please, I want to come to school."

Kukui looked at Ash with worry.

"Ash," Kukui started to say.

"Please Professor," Ash pleaded. Kukui sighed.