You're not Toxic Ash

Synopsis: After the events in Kalos, Ash can no longer get close to or touch Pokémon due to the fear of if he will, he'll hurt them. But Gladion is determined to show Ash that he isn't toxic like Ash believes he is.

So this request came from @shinymegaumbreon with a special call-out to @emokingisgladion. I hope you like this. This was my biggest short story yet. Enjoy.
Oh, and p.s, a new chapter for I can make you laugh soon with something very special for you all. Hugs.

Ash Ketchum sat on the pier of Melemele Island in the Alola region, sketching the Sharpedo floating on the surface. His faithful partner, Pikachu, was sitting near Sharpedo, happily catching away in Pokémon language.

"Hey Pikachu," Ash asked, holding up four pencils in different shades of teal. "Which shade matches Sharpedo?"

Pikachu studied Sharpedo for a few seconds before walking over to Ash and grabbing the right pencil in his paw.

"Thanks, buddy," Ash smiled as he put down the other three pencils and started to shade his drawing.

The jet ski instructor, who had been watching, approached Ash.

"You know dear," she smiled, hoping she wouldn't scare him. "You're very welcome to ride Sharpedo. He's very fast and gentle and will take very good care of you. You'll be perfectly safe."

"I believe you," Ash smiled politely. "And I appreciate it but no thank you. I'm happy doing this and I'm almost finished, anyway."

"Okay then," the jet ski instructor smiled.

Ash nodded as he finished the last of the shading. After putting down his pencils, he held up the book so Sharpedo could see.

"Do you like it?" Ash asked shyly.

"Sharpedo!" Sharpedo beamed as it admired the picture.

"It's really good," the jet ski instructor smiled. "You're a great artist."

Ash blushed as he packed his pencils and his book into his bag before pulling out a camera, hanging the strap around his neck.

"Thank you for letting me draw Sharpedo, ma'am," Ash said as he placed the bag on his back. "Thank you too, Sharpedo."

"Shar!" Sharpedo smiled, wiggling in the water so it looked like his fin was waving. Ash smiled at the cute sight and quickly snapped a picture.

"Please do come back," the ski instructor grinned. "I'm sure Sharpedo would love to take you to explore the water."

"Shar!" Sharpedo agreed. Ash gave a nod as Pikachu jumped to his shoulder. Ash then started to walk along the beach towards where his mum and Mr Mime were sunbathing and drinking Pinap juice. As he walked, he occasionally took pictures of the different Pokémon. Suddenly, he came across two trainers having a battle. As he watched, he felt tears well up so he turned away and started to walk faster, hoping the tears wouldn't fall.

"Pika?" Pikachu asked in concern, patting Ash's cheek.

"I'm alright Pikachu," Ash said. "Just missing it."

Pikachu nodded. He understood. He missed it too. Battling other Pokémon and getting a new family member. But he knew Ash was hurting after Kalos and he couldn't enjoy battling anymore. So like the loyal electric mouse he was, Pikachu stuck by Ash and respected his wishes.

"Pika!" Pikachu suddenly yelled in alarm. Hearing Pikachu's yell, Ash froze.

"What's wrong?" Ash asked.

"Pika, pika!" Pikachu said, pointing down. Ash looked down to see that he was about to step on a Pokémon's tail. Ash jumped backwards in shock, tears falling. The Pokémon gave Ash a confused look.