"Look, I fought him before. And after, we took in his old friends. They've become leaders in what we have here. Now you put down your weapons, walk through those gates, you're one of us," Rick said. The Governor became silent, seeming to be debating it. "We let go of all of it, and nobody dies. Everyone who's alive right now. Everyone who's made it this far. We've all done the worst kinds of things just to stay alive. But we can still come back. We're not too far gone."

The Governor slowly pulled the blade away from Grandpa. "We get to come back. I know we all can change." I felt relieved for a moment. I thought Rick had done it. That he had saved us. But then I was screaming as Grandpa's head fell to the side. Everything seemed to move in slow motion. The katana pierced grandpa's neck like butter.

"Grandpa!" I screamed, stumbling back. I fell on my butt screaming and crying. I heard Rick scream then many gunshots followed. I crawled away and hit behind a barrel of water, sobbing. Sadly I didn't have my gun on me. Just my throwing knives. I cried out as a gunshot nearly hit me. My hands covered my mouth as loud sobs racked my body.

"Rori! Come on!" Will came running towards me, shooting as many people as he could. "This is a war zone, we've got to get out of here."

"I-I."

"I know, baby but we've got to go!" Will shielded my body as a wall of the prison blew up. I screamed, clinging to will like there was no tomorrow. To be fair, there might not be. The tank had crushed our metal fences, blowing up our walls. Will let go of me and used the barrel as cover to shoot people. 

"My mom. And dad," I cried. 

"I know. We've got to go. You're still sick," Will said. I shook my head with a gaping mouth. Will grabbed my arm and pulled me up. Walkers were surrounding us and I didn't have a gun. I had my knives but that was it.  

"My parents! And Carl! And everybody else," I protested as Will attempted to pull me away. 

"Damn it," Will mumbled as we watched the bus drive away. Our safety. "This way." Will pulled me away from the many walkers approaching. 

"Will. No. I've got to find everybody," I said, tears still streaming down my face. 

"I know. We will. We'll find them again. I promise you," Will nodded. He yanked my arm back, shooting a walker in the head. 

"Down!" I screamed, watching the tank shoot a prison wall next to us. Will cover my body with his own. 

"Come on," Will yelled. He tried to yank me away but I fought against him. "Rori, there's nobody here anymore! If we don't leave now we'll have no chance of finding them again!"

"But," I sobbed. 

"No. Come on," Will bent down and picked me up before I could pull away. I buried my face in his shoulder. It was gone. All of it. The prison, my grandfather, and possibly my family. 

-----------

Will ran for a while before deciding it was safe enough to stop for just a moment. He set me on my feet gently. I fell to the ground, covering my eyes as sobs racked my body. Will fell beside me.

"I've got you. I've got you now," he tried to comfort me. 

"You don't get it, WIll! I just watched everything I loved get destroyed. I had been there longer than you. I had known my grandfather longer than you!" I screamed.

"Shh. You're gonna attract walkers," Will whispered. I looked at him through half-open eyes, my tears starting to slow down.

"Are we safe?" I asked, my voice horse and croaky. 

"Not anymore. We're never gonna be safe," Will said, a small, sad smile sitting on his lips. 

"Yeah. Think we can set up camp here?" I choked out. Will nodded.

"I'll grab some firewood. Tomorrow we'll look for some food and water," Will said. I agreed with him. "Will you be okay alone for a few minutes?"

"Don't go far," I nodded.

"I won't. I'll be back in a few minutes." Will gently pecked my forehead before walking off into the forest. 

   It already felt likes ages since he'd left. But it couldn't have been more than a few minutes. I heard low growling come from behind me. I knew what it was. I sighed and grabbed one of my throwing knives. I stood up on shaky legs and approached the walker. Its jaw fell open and chomped at me. I threw my knife into its skull. Then another. And another. 

"Rori, enough!" I heard Will yell behind me, coming out from behind the bushes. I had thrown all my knives into the one walker. I looked at him with sad and tearful eyes. He didn't say anything as I approached the walker. Carefully, I plucked all my knives from its body. When I turned around, Will already had a small fire started.

"Keep it low. Don't want to attract walkers," I said simply. Will nodded in agreement. I came over and huddled close to his body, trying to find some warmth. The sun was setting quickly and it had turned cold. All that I could hear was some crickets chirping.

"So, what do we do now?" Will broke the silence, staring at the fire. 

"Now? Now we survive the apocalypse."

===========================♛===========================

A/N: I think this was a great way to end this book! What do you all think? In case any of you were wondering, there will be a sequel to this book! The sequel is called Forever

A/N: I think this was a great way to end this book! What do you all think? In case any of you were wondering, there will be a sequel to this book! The sequel is called Forever. Have a nice night/day!