Chapter 31

===========================♛===========================

"Hey, hey, Hold up. Hold up!" Merle laughed. I tried to act fearless, I really did but it was hard. A few tears escaped my eyes.

"Let go of her! Let go of her!" Dad shouted angrily.

"You two put those guns in the car right now. Right now," Merle shouted,  his knife hand pressing into my throat. I felt a small amount of blood trickle down my throat. Mom and dad slowly put their guns in the car, their hands raised. "There you go. Now we're gonna go for a little drive."

"We're not going back to our camp," dad said firmly.

"No, we're going somewhere else. Get in the car, Glenn! Your driving! Move!"

"Don't," dad cried, Merle's finger moving to hover over the trigger. Dad got into the driver seat.  

"Now you go," Merle said nodding at mom. Mom slowly got into the back seat. "Get up." Merle yanked me to my feet, throwing me in the backseat with mom. Mom was quick to hug me tightly. I cried in her arms. Maybe I should've listened to Carl. 

--------

Merle threw us in some old abandoned place. I could faintly hear people and I knew this place was a safe place. Maybe not for us but for other people. Of course, he had to put us all in separate rooms. 

"Now, just as I told you pretty little parents, I meant no harm. Your parents brought this upon you. Not me. I lowered my gun. But, no, your parents had to raise their guns. Nearly got you killed. But I would never kill your pretty little face," Merle said, gripping my chin harshly. His breath felt warm and disgusting on my face. "Tell me where my baby brother is."

"Go to hell," I spat. It was a classic line, many people said it but it was the best I could come up with.

"Let's try this again," Merle pressed his name into my cheek. 

"Arg," I cried out, feeling the blood pour down my face.

"Or this," Merle dragged his knife down my other cheek, just barely spilling blood.  "Where is your camp?"

"You'll have to kill me before I tell," I said.

"No can do. We'll do something far worse," Merle laughed leaving the room. I was left speechless and scared. My skin was cold and trembling.  I could hear Merle talking to dad in the other room. It hurt t know he was causing him pain. 

"I gotta hand it to you, a lot tougher than I remember." Merle's voice set me on edge. "No surprise you last this long. Shoot, I figured the way officer-friendly abandoned people, he would've left you behind by now. But he didn't do that, did he? Hm. So tell me, where y'all been at?"

"It's just a matter of time before they come looking," dad said, ignoring Merle's question once more.

"I'll bake a cake with pink frosting. Would they like that? Ain't nobody coming." Merle replied.