Chapter 30

===========================♛===========================

Rick had been practically paralyzed after everything happened. The baby was healthy which was a relief. Rick had gone who knows where but we didn't have time to worry about that. Carl had just lost his mom, the baby may be dying without formula but Daryl had that covered. He was currently on a run trying to find baby formula with mom. 

Speaking of mom, I was worried about her. I mean she basically had to kill Lori to save the baby. If I was in her position I'd be horrified with myself.

"You doing alright?" I asked Carl. He held his little sister close to him.

"I'm fine," Carl said not looking at me. 

"Your dad will come to his sense. Before you know it he'll be back to himself," I said trying to cheer him up.

"Mhm," Carl hummed. He looked alright but I knew deep down he wasn't. He lost his mom today and no matter how hard he tried to look strong, I knew he was sad. I looked at Grandpa and aunt Beth sadly. Carl wasn't letting any of us in.

"Beth," mom nodded coming into the room we sat in. Aunt Beth walked over to help her make a bottle.

"How's she doing?" Daryl asked, kneeling on the ground in front of Carl and a crying baby. Carl gently gave Daryl the baby. He slowly rocked her, taking the bottle from aunt Beth. It was a rare sight to see. Daryl looked happy holding her. A small smile sat on his face. "She got a name yet?"

"Not yet. But I was thinking maybe Sofia. Then there's Carol, too. And Andrea. Amy. Jacqui. Patricia. Or Lori. I don't know," Carl said. 

"You'll; figure something out," I smiled at Carl who barely returned my smile.

"Yeah. You like that? Huh? Little ass-kicker," Daryl said looking down at the sweet baby girl. "Right? That's a good name, right? Little ass-kicker. You like that, huh?" Everybody laughed at Daryl's nickname. "You like that, sweetheart?"

"Who knew Daryl Dixon could be a soft teddy bear, sweetheart," I mocked Daryl, talking to the baby.

"Oh, don't you start, princess Aurora," Daryl warned playfully.

-----

Lori had a grave now. Nobody knew what to say. Normally Rick was the one to give the speeches so we just gave her a moment of silence. Carl became silent. Didn't want to talk to anybody.

"Everybody okay?" Rick's voice brought me out of my thought. I shoved another spoonful of breakfast in my mouth. Rick seemed okay. Just like Carl. 

"Yeah, we are," mom nodded.

"What about you?" Grandpa asked.

"I cleared out the boiler block," Rick answered, ignoring grandpa's question.