Chapter 5

===========================♛===========================

"Guys, I don't think we'll need a new plan," T-dog said peering into the well. Everybody followed his lead and looked into the well, Sure enough, the thing now had its head stuck in the rope.

"Let's try this again," Shane sighed and everybody grabbed a part of the rope. Damn, that thing looked heavy. I didn't have to lift a finger, I just kept the horse the rope was tied to steady.

"Come on, guys, pull!" T-dog huffed as the boys all struggled to pull this fat thing out of the well.

"Come on, y'all!" Shane encouraged.

"Almost there. Come on, pull, guys," T-dog said. There were many more shouts of encouragement before we saw the head of this thing appear.

"You've got to pull, it man!" T-dog yelled over to the rest of the boys (Plus Andrea) who had seemed to get the thing out of the well, but it was no longer moving.

"It's stuck!" Shane grunt. 

"Come on! Give it a big tug!" I yelled over to them. They did just that. Let's just say, I never wanted to see that again. The things broke in half, guts flew everywhere, and its lower body fell back into the well. Along with the guts. So much for saving this well. Its upper body was left on the ground, but instead of dying, it kept reaching towards us. It didn't move, probably because it had no legs anymore. 

"We should seal off this well," Dale sighed.

"Yeah, might be a good idea," Shane agreed.

"So what do we do about-" I gagged slightly as the thing's head split open from the axe that was being banged on its skull by T-dog. Dad's hand rested on my head and shielded me from the horror that laid on the ground.

"Good things we didn't do anything stupid like shooting it," T-dog sarcastically said.

"We should go follow mom and get going," I said to dad. I barely saw him nod before I was fleeing the scene.

-------

"How much farther," I complained. We had been riding for at least 20 minutes now. Or that's what it felt like. Dad only fell of like seven times. It was a new record for him. 

"Not too much farther, princess," mom answered and we returned to silence.

"YOu know, being out on the road, we've seen a lot. Guess you've gotten a little numb to it," dad said, referring back to the incident back at the farm. That thoughts of that thing tearing open were fresh in my mind.

"Woah. I guess so," mom nodded and climbed off her horse. I followed her actions. Dad, however, was not so lucky. He didn't land on his feet very gracefully. I shared a laugh with mom before helping him up.

"You really need to learn how to ride horses, dad,' I laughed.

"It was only like my fifth time falling off," dad argued.