Chapter 15

===========================♛===========================

To say we were trapped was an understatement. The guys out there knew we were in here. Or at least one of us was in here. They knew dad had forced to door shut. 

"Yo, is someone in there?" Guy two yelled. Will he just shut up? He's gonna attract walkers. "Yo, if someone's in there, we don't want no trouble. We're just looking for our friends."

"What do we do?" I heard guy three ask.

"Bum rush the door?" Guy one suggested.

"No, we don't know how many are there. Just relax. We don't want any trouble. We're just looking for our friends. If something happened, tell us. This place is crawling with corpses. If you can help us not get killed, I'd appreciate it," guy three said.

"Dude, you bugging. I'm telling you nobody's in there," guy one said to guy three.

"Someone guard the door. if they're in there, they might know where Dave and Tony are," guy three said. Great. Just great. Footsteps disappeared, signaling somebody walked away.

"They drew on us!" Rick yelled after a few seconds. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. My finger was on the trigger but the safety was on so I could shoot anybody. Not that I could if it was off, I was too shaky. The footsteps came back and I cringed. 

"Dave and Tony in there? They alive?" guy two yelled through the door. Rick took a second to answer, debating on what to say.

"No," Rick said quickly after a moment of silence.

"They killed Dave and Tony!" Guy three whispered to his friends.

"Come on, man, let's go," guy two sighed.

"No, I'm not leaving, I'm not telling Jane. I'm not gonna go back and tell them that Dave and Tony got shot by some asshole in a bar," guy three said stubbornly.

"Your friends drew on us! They gave us no choice! I'm sure we've all lost enough people, done things we wish we didn't have to, but it's like that now. You know that! So let's just chalk this up to what it was...Wrong place, wrong--" Rick didn't have time to finish before he was shielding my body with his. Little bits of glass raining on us. As soon as the glass had almost stopped falling, Rick stood up and shot out the broken glass.

"Get outta here! Go!" Rick yelled. More gunshots rang through the air and I ran. I didn't have time to look back. I had made it out the back door but it didn't seem anybody else had. Well, shit. I was separated from my family. I quickly clicked off the safety and shot a walker in the head. I barely managed to hit it. I let out a small yelp when I felt somebody's hand on my shoulder. I fell to the ground, a rotten corpse falling on top of me.  I squeezed my eyes shut when blood fell onto my face, as well as the dead weight. I opened my eyes to see who had killed it, but there was nobody there.