Taste of Blood

"Hm? We already know that she's a half immortal," Alcina cocked her head slightly.

"Erm- partially," Bela said, "I've been doing some research about her abilities and she's not just half immortal,"

I looked at Alcina and Bela, "Huh," I merely whispered. This felt like a dream that I'd never wake from.

"Well what is it?" Alcina asked impatiently.

Bela gave a quick sigh, "With the knife that I bought from the Duke.. I used it to help Courtney find out what her other powers could be since it had that magical value to it. After I finished with the ritual I was going to give Courtney the knife as a keepsake but I licked the blood off of it. The blood tasted very weird, It wasn't like anything else. I also thought the smell was odd,"

"Y-you performed a ritual on Courtney!" Alcina said sharply.

"I let her," I said clearly so Alcina would hopefully calm down about the situation.

"Oh alright," Alcina pursed her lips together.

"What did it taste like Bela,?" Daniela asked as she examined her sister's face.

"It was kinda thick.. it tasted less metallic.. it also had some weird feeling as I drank it," Bela explained.

"That is odd," Cassandra admitted.

"Daniela," I said standing up from where I sat, "When you stabbed my shoulder with your blade and licked the blood off.. did it taste as it usually should?" I asked as I looked down at the knife hanging on my pants.

"Yes it did. There was only a small difference nothing like Bela said though," Daniela admitted, "It seemed a tad bit thicker than usual,"

"I could possibly be the magic that runs in you," Cassandra added.

"Good point," Bela nodded.

"Maybe it was the ritual and letting that magic go that made all the difference," I wondered aloud.

"Yes, that is a very good point," Alcina nodded, "Daughters, you may leave to do your own,"

Bela, Cassandra, and Daniela nodded before leaving their Mother's chambers.

"I'm surprised how well you took that," Alcina smiled.

I chuckled slightly, "Thanks, by now I wouldn't be surprised of you told me I was dead,"

Alcina laughed a beautiful laugh, "I could believe it with everything that had been happening to you lately. Anyways the way Bela described your blood.. I wonder how that happened, I know it was most likely the ritual but why would it change your blood?"

"It is quiet confusing but it could have to do with the power that now flows through my body," Courtney explained.

Alcina nodded, "I want to see what you can do with that power of yours, Darling,"