𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 12

──────⊹⊱𖦹⊰⊹──────
CHAPTER TWELVE
LET'S REWIND JUST A BIT

*FLASHBACK A FEW DAYS AFTER FALLON'S MOTHER WAS SCRATCHED BY A BURNED ONE

"Is the blindfold necessary?" Beatrix asked as Fallon lead her to their secret destination.

"No. I just needed it to help build the suspense." Fallon chuckled as Beatrix almost trips on a rock.

"I don't know what's going to kill me first, the suspense, or your terrible guiding skills. That's like the third rock you've made me trip on." Beatrix responds dusting off her plaid pants.

"Well fear not, we have arrived." Fallon stopped them in their tracks. Beatrix could hear the sounds of water right next to them.

"Finally I was starting to wonder if you got lost." The older fairy rolled her eyes, as she began to unfold the blindfold covering her girlfriend's eyes.

Fallon removed the blindfold, allowing Beatrix to see a light blue checkered picnic blanket laid out on the grass. It was only inches from the lake, and they had a great view of the waterfall across from them. Down in Fallon's hand was the picnic basket she had made, packed with all the food, sweets, and drinks.

"A picnic by the waterfall?" The air fairy questioned looking around with an impressed expression.

"It wasn't my first location choice to hang out, but it was either this or lunch in the cafeteria. Now that there are Burned One's roaming around we can't go beyond the barrier." Fallon rambled on, starting to wonder if this wasn't a good idea.

"Well, it's good a good thing I enjoy picnics and eating away from prying eyes." Beatrix took a seat on the blanket, and patted a spot for Fallon to sit at.

"That's good. Because I sacrificed my freedom in order to make this food in the school kitchen." Fallon let out a sigh of relief, knowing that Beatrix didn't mind the whole picnic setup.

She took a seat beside Beatrix, placing the basket down, to start setting the food onto the blanket.

"So why did you invite me out of all of your other friends?" The younger fairy popped a grape into her mouth and waited patiently for an answer.

"Oh, uh I figured we should hang out and try to get to know each other better." Fallon began to take the two wine glasses for their sparkling water out, avoiding Beatrix's gaze. Her reaction didn't go unnoticed by the younger girl.

"Because of the kiss." She said abruptly, her words coming out as a statement more than a question. Beatrix's bluntness nearly causes Fallon to drop the strawberry sparkling water back into the picnic.