𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 13

──────⊹⊱𖦹⊰⊹──────
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
SEEKING FOR THE TRUTH

A week had passed since Beatrix had gotten locked up, and each day felt like torture for Fallon

Ever since the major truth bomb that exploded about Beatrix; how she was the one who killed Callum, Dowling's assistant. Fallon has been all over the place with her emotions. On one hand, she was pissed that Beatrix lied to her.

Nonetheless, Fallon was also worried for her, seeing as every night the students at alfea hear her screams. In the end, her concern got the best of her so now she was sneaking to the schoolyard, to find out what she could.

However, she wasn't the only one with the same idea. "What if we get caught?" Bloom questions in a not-so-quiet tone. Leaves crunched with every step the redhead fairy took.

"Well, we'd have a better chance of not getting caught if you would actually be quiet." Fallon snapped her voice barely louder than a whisper. Once they were out of the woods they made it to the shed in the schoolyard where Beatrix was being held.

Beatrix's screams echoed through the schoolyard. It sends a shiver down Fallon's spine. What are they doing to her?

Fallon and Bloom gave each other a concerned look before ducking by a nearby truck, parked not too far from the shed. The oldest fairy looked past the car to see two guards standing at the entrance.

Fallon mentally cursed Mrs. Dowling for whatever injection she gave her the day they locked up Beatrix. Not only did it knock her out for a whole day, but it also had a strange reaction to her powers. Now she was finding it difficult to do her simplest abilities, like forming transform into a cloud of smoke.

Not even a moment later Dowling and Silva left the shed Bloom watches as they leave. She makes a log on her phone.

"A log?" Fallon questioned looking at Bloom curiously. "Yeah, so next time we know when they might leave." Bloom whispered back.

Suddenly somebody grabs ahold of their shoulders causing them both to jump, with a gasp. Fallon looks to see Dane looking at the two faires curiosity "Late night stroll?"

"Hm? Yeah. We just needed some air." Bloom gestured to the both of them, trying to play it off.

"This particular air?" Dane asked on, clearly not by Bloom's story.

"Mhm! We must have lost track of time though. I guess we should head back now." Fallon adds on, though it's clear Dane doesn't believe either girl.