𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 26

──────⊹⊱𖦹⊰⊹──────
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
KNOWLEDGE AND DEALS

──────⊹⊱𖦹⊰⊹──────CHAPTER TWENTY-SIXKNOWLEDGE AND DEALS

"So this is earth... I'm not impressed," Fallon looked around disdainfully. She was expecting to see tall skyscraper buildings and fancy cafés; instead, it looked like she had wandered into a deserted town.

Fallon sighed. This was not the vibrant, bustling city she had pictured in her mind. Although it shouldn't have been so surprising seeing as the First World was lacking in the magic department.

It was still daytime and the sun gave the world an orange glow to it. The two fairies walked through what Fallon could only describe as some country-looking truck stop with a random dinner at the center of it.

"Yeah, the Other World puts Earth to shame and I've only been seen Solaria."

Fallon let Bloom take the lead and followed her to the dinner, ignoring the strange looks she received as random people did a double take of her outfit... They probably aren't used to seeing so much color.

When they entered the dinner and Fallon spotted Sebastian in the window, she realized she hadn't thought this through.

Fallon hated him, and seeing him only made her angrier, but the mind fairy knew she couldn't leave Bloom to do this herself.

So she pushed some of her anger down and followed the redhead into the building. Sebastian waved to the girls when they approached him, though for a split second, he looked to be confused by Fallon's presence. "Hmm, I'm surprised you showed I got the impression you didn't want to see me?"

"I don't."Sebastian shrugged before giving the two fairies a cheerful look.

"Coffee? Something to eat? Yeah. I ordered a chicken-fried steak... What the fuck is a chicken-fried steak?" Despite everything Fallon was equally confused and disturbed by the food he had ordered from the dinner. Is that what Earthians eat?

A waitress walks up placing two mugs for Fallon and Bloom and pours coffee into them. They thank her when she's done and Bloom gets straight to the point.

"When I said let's meet in the First-World, I assumed you'd choose someplace that's more uh clandestine. Like an underground parking garage."

"Boring. No, I love First World kitsch. Can't get more First-World kitsch than an American dinner.Also uh... I've got trust issues." Suddenly Sebastian's eyes glowed blood red causing the two girls to tense up.

They noticed how everyone in the dinner instantly grabbed a knife and held it up to their throats, mindlessly.

Fallon heart pounded in concern, which grew as some of the humans had just barely nicked their skin, causing the wounds to bleed slightly.