𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 17

──────⊹⊱𖦹⊰⊹──────
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
GIVING IN TO THE POWERS WITHIN

A noisy squeak came from the secret courtyard door, presumably because it hadn't been opened in a few decades

A noisy squeak came from the secret courtyard door, presumably because it hadn't been opened in a few decades. The five fairies quickly exited the tunnels, following after Bloom.

"Come on. We have to make sure the Burned Ones are following me." The fire fairy urged, leading everyone to an open field in front of the school.

"My Mum's going to be here soon with an actual army." Stella tried to reason with her friend who, looked like she was seconds away from having a full-blown heart attack.

"They won't be here in time, Stella. The Burned Ones are after me, they've always been after me." The red-headed fairy explained to the panic-stricken princess.

All of the fairies paused in the tracks when multiple monstrous growls and screeches could be heard from deep in the forest. "Rosalind taught me how to stop them, but I have to draw more magic than ever before."

"are you sure you can trust Rosalind?" Lev questioned skeptically, not understanding how the first year could trust the person who was responsible for all this havoc.

"We don't really have a choice." Fallon reminded the group of how there weren't any other solutions.

"She's right we don't have a choice. I just don't know what's gonna happen when I do channel that much magic." The mind fairy could hear the fear laced in her voice as Bloom spoke. She placed a hand on the fire fairy's shoulder to comfort her but caught a glimpse at one of her old memories.

Fallon pulled her hand almost instantly after seeing the vision. However, it didn't stop her from seeing how Bloom had lost control of her powers at her parents' house.

"It's okay. I'll make sure we're safe, and that you are too. I can surround you with water in case the flames get too big." Aisha reassured her friend so that she wouldn't be too afraid.

"Then if things don't work out I'll use my powers to compel you to stop channeling magic, and I'll fend the rest of the Burned Ones off for as long as I can." Fallon explained to the Fire fairy, for more reassurance.

"You won't see us, but we'll be right here." The princess grabbed onto Bloom's shoulder in an act of consolation. It was at this moment when Fallon realized just how much Stella had grown in such little amount of time. The old Stella surely would have run at the first sight of danger, and now here she stands ready to face danger in the face, for another friend.

"We've got your back." Right as Levin spoke an enormous screech was emitted from the force. With the light shining from the moon, Fallon could just barely make out multiple Burned Ones scattering around the woods.

With a look of determination, the fire fairy laced her hands with those of her best friend's. Stella and Aisha looked at Bloom awaiting what the redhead wanted to say. "Rosalind wants me to believe, that she's the person I need to get through this."