𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 18

──────⊹⊱𖦹⊰⊹──────
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN 
SOME THINGS CHANGE
SOME THINGS STAY THE SAME

──────⊹⊱𖦹⊰⊹──────CHAPTER EIGHTEEN  SOME THINGS CHANGE SOME THINGS STAY THE SAME

A new dawn arises for Alfea and its students. Months have passed since Dowling's disappearance, and changes were being made in the absence of the headmistress. Specialists and fairy training are more difficult and rigorous than they ever have been. It's unlikely that the training is that intense in preparation for a burned one attack.

Ever since Bloom and Fallon defeated that group of burned ones and Rosalind took control of Alfea, not a single burned one has been spotted. It was strange but what was more peculiar to Fallon was how fairies were being expelled left and right for not obeying Rosalind's rules and expectations.

As if that wasn't bad enough those same fairies have started to go missing, putting many students on edge. Fallon included, that however, wasn't the main source of Fallon's anxiety. As of lately, the mind fairy's dreams have been plagued with horrific nightmares of strange creatures. Normally Fallon wouldn't pay much mind to such nightmares but the dreams felt off... Real even.

That's what Fallon fretted the most, if these dreams were true somehow, then creatures much worse than Burned Ones were lurking near Alfea and its border.

"Your emotions are a tool. Nothing more, nothing less." The mind fairy was brought out of her spiraling thoughts, as Rosalind began to explain the exercise to the other faires. Faries were gathered at the stone circle watching as Bloom and Marco got ready for the demonstration.

"They're a power source. You've been told to control them." Rosalind mentions Farah's method of teaching fairies how to use magic, to which Fallon rolls her eyes.

A thing she's come to realize about Rosalind is that the woman feels that letting go of emotions and giving in to anger is where you find true power.

Bloom lit a flame in her hand while Marco generated an orb of electrical energy. "That isn't always the best option."

Marco sends the magical orb at rapid speed toward bloom's hand, which took out her flames. "In combat, you'll need to rely on instinct."

The second year winced after hearing the sound of electricity zapping Bloom's hand. Fallon herself was made to attempt the same exercise earlier. Her shoulders and hands still stung from where the electricity stunned her.

The fire fairy relights the flame in her hand again but it's taken out by Marco once again. The annoyance in Bloom's face was evident as Marco continued to zap her hand repeatedly.

"You'll need to let go." Rosalind instructs watching the fire fairy carefully.

The process of Marco zapping Bloom every time she lit a flame in her hand continued until Bloom finally snapped. The fire fairy lets out a frustrated yell, fire emitting from both hands in much bigger flames this time. Fallon couldn't help but tense up in fear of what the fire fairy might do.