Chapter 74-Spending time like old times

Start from the beginning

"What happened?" I asked them.

"Were you listening to me?" Siya asked me, narrowing her eyes at me.

I gulped down.

What were they fighting about?

Oh yeah, Sid.

"Yes, of course, I was listening to you," I said, trying to act confident.

"Then what did I just say?" she asked me, trying to intimidate me by keeping her hands on her chest.

My cute kitten.

I chuckled, but oh boy, that was such a wrong move from my end.

"You're laughing?" she burst out.

"But baby, why are you scolding me?" I asked.

What was my fault?

"You aren't taking my side" she exclaimed.

"That's because he'll take my side," Kriti said.

What do I have to take side for?

"Sorry again, but why do I need to take anybody's side?" I asked them.

"You were not really listening to us were you?" Siya asked me.

I scratched the back of my neck. How could I tell her the sinful thoughts that clouded my mind when they were both arguing, which distracted me from the topic of their argument?

"Uh... actually I was thinking about the.. the... training. Yeah, I was thinking about the training that I need to give you all tomorrow, "I said.

"Bhaiya, just because you both are together, you don't have to act like you're scared of her," Kriti said.

"I am not scared of her," I said.

"Yeah, yeah," Kriti said.

"But seriously, tell me were you both arguing?" I asked them.

"I asked what was the need to invite Sid?" Kriti said.

"And I said that we could hang out like old times," Siya said.

Oh, Sid was the topic of argument.

"Honestly Kriti, I think Siya is right. What's the harm in hanging like old times? " I asked her.

"When he's around, everything goes wrong," she said, stretching her hands over her head.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Because he still affects me," she said and her eyes widened.

"What did you say?" I asked her.

"I mean to say that... he still has the power to affect how I feel about him. I mean in a friendly way, obviously, "she said nervously.

I eyed her in suspicion and, just on cue, the doorbell rang.

"Sid's here" Siya screeched, making us all deaf and then went to the door to open it.

"The devil's here" Kriti muttered under her breath and sat on the couch.

Sid appeared in front of us, Siya following him with a wide grin plastered on her face.

She's still a kid.

"Sid's here" she said from behind him and grinned.

I eyed her weirdly and she gave me a big smile, a genuine one that reached her eyes.

"Okay, what are we supposed to do now?" I asked them.

"Dinner?" Sid suggested cluelessly.

"It isn't even dinner time and since we'll be ordering from a restaurant, why don't we do something exciting?" Siya said.