Chapter 2 Yule Ball Drunkenness

Start from the beginning

Harry James Potter his raven hair was standing up on end as usual. His emerald green eyes as always hidden behind rounded broken glasses matched his emerald dress robes perfectly and brought out the colour of his hair far better than the black, white, and red he usually wore. Lucius saw the boy meet his eyes and then promptly trip over. Potter couldn't keep his eyes off Lucius anymore than Lucius could keep his eyes off Harry causing Harry to fall over a lot.

Finally Harry had made his way to the Champions Table at the head of the room. Harry sat down trying his best to avoid Lucius Malfoy's eyes. And failing badly; Harry just couldn't keep his eyes off him. Harry might have admitted that he was slightly physically attracted to Malfoy senior just ever so slightly. But he hadn't realised how bad it had gotten. Hermione was looking at Harry very oddly. Not that Harry blamed her too much he wasn't exactly acting normally. She was currently trying to attract his attention. Had she been talking to him Harry had been too busy watching Lucius eating his roast duck. Owing to the smirk on Lucius Malfoy's face it hadn't exactly gone unnoticed.

'Hey Harry are you alright?' asked Hermione.

Harry forced his attention away from Lucius Malfoy, 'yeah fine. Why?'

'You've been very distracted,' replied Hermione. 'Didn't here a word I said.'

'Oh sorry,' Harry apologized, 'what is it you were wanting?'

'To ask what you wanted to eat you just say the name of the dish you want,' explained Hermione.

'Right,' Harry nodded, 'Beef Casserole.'

A plate of beef with covered in steaming hot gravy appeared on the plate. Harry's mouth watered and he quickly dug in at the same time as Hermione dug into her glazed chicken breasts. There was no more talk after that so Harry could observe Lucius Malfoy quite happily but he would always look away whenever looked his way. He knew he shouldn't be watching the Death Eater as he was certainly not with the desires that rose within him whenever he saw the handsome unfortunately all too attractive aristocrat. Desires that made him blush to the roots of his raven black hair.

Then there was the dessert which contained lots of almond Christmas cake and mince pies. Then the meal was ended and the four champions and their partners were due to dance. Parvati pulled his up rather forcefully and Harry suddenly found himself getting annoyed at her. Oh what he wouldn't give to be dancing with Lucius Malfoy! Then Harry pushed that treacherous thought out of his head not wanting to delve too deeply into that particular brand of thoughts. Parvati steered him around and Harry could tell that she knew what she was doing. Unlike Harry; well it wasn't like the Dursleys had ever bothered to teach him!

Lucius had seen Potter observing him all throughout their meal. And Lucius had watched back. And he had liked what he had seen. When Potter stood up to dance looking incredibly nervous which Lucius soon saw the reason for. One the Boy Who Lived's skill was certainly not dancing! He wondered about the Muggles that Potter was rumoured to grow up with - hadn't they ever taught him to dance? He supposed it was different in Wizarding Society than Muggle. In Wizarding High Society if they didn't know how to dance and have all the airs and graces needed to socialise then you would never achieve anything.