Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Trevor

"Boss, all of these are small fries." Yohan, one of my agents, threw the captured scientists to the ground. "They don't know about the project."

My cold and empty gaze landed on the three men who blanched when they saw my expression. "Bullshit. Wring them dry. I need all the information I can get."

Yohan nodded and ordered the men under his command to round up the other scientists and staff. That fucker is so slimy and shrewd. Who would have thought that he would be able to sense and predict our movement?

It's either a traitor is in our midst, or he has a very good informant. Whoever it is, they will suffer a hundredfold in my hands.

I gritted my teeth and clench my fist as I took in the laboratory that is now on fire. This chase is not getting funny anymore. That fucker being alive means an unsafe environment for the carriers.

I cannot let that happen. It's time to mobilize my men. Testing my patience was never a good idea.

They will forever regret crossing paths with me; the monster of all monsters.

Theo

Three days have passed and we are waiting for Trevor in his office. The agents informed us that Trevor was going to bring his husband here because the big man missed his husband so much. I can't help but feel nervous. I am so afraid of what would happen if I told them everything.

What if I repulsed Axl? Will he be disgusted if he learned everything there is to know about me?

Axl must have felt my tension because he squeezed my hands briefly and cupped my face. "Hey, baby. What's wrong? Do you feel nervous?"

Nervousness was understating the palpitation of my heart and the cold sweat pooling in my back and forehead. This is more than nervousness. This is fear, but I don't want to worry Axl so I bit my bottom lip and nodded.

Axl pulled me into his chest and kissed the top of my head. "I'm here for you, baby. Whatever happens after this, you're stuck with me. I will never leave your side. Don't worry so much, okay?"

I exhaled sharply and nodded in his chest, my arms wrapping around his muscled torso. The past few days with Axl feels so surreal. Even if he doesn't remember me, spending time with him just like the old times was a dream come true.

I have been longing for those moments ever since I met him again. However, my heart dropped when I noticed that he couldn't remember me. I felt betrayed; not until he shared to me in passing the cause of his memory gaps. Amnesia.

Axl is slowly recollecting his memories but I feel so conflicted. I want him to remember me, but at the same time scared that he will also remember what happened to him in those years he was kidnapped.

All of my thoughts were disrupted when the door opened, and a cheerful voice echoed in the room. Both of us got curious who the newcomer was, and a gorgeous, blue-eyed blonde boy was revealed, dragging inside a big man with a smile on his lips.

I heard Axl gasped softly, his eyes fixed on Trevor's pleased expression. "Fuck, baby. The man smiles, Theo. He smiles. Am I dreaming?"

I creased my forehead at Axl's weirdness so I pinched his side so hard, earning a painful squeal from my man. The office went silent and Axl glared at me as he rubbed his hurt side.

"Why did you do that, baby? That hurts!" Axl whined like a brat, ignoring the amused expressions from Trevor and his company, which I assume is the big guy's husband. The twinkling wedding band on the boy's ring finger was a strong piece of evidence. Also, the way Trevor's arm possessively encircled on the boy's waist was enough proof.