Chapter 3

Chapter 3

April 8, 2021
4:30 PM

Alexis

I slid into my Bugatti with a very light mood, a permanent smile on my face. This is because of Theo. Unlike before, where sounds kept on bombarding my peace and quiet, it has actually toned down, and it has something to do with Theo. I'm not sure how many hours the "Theo effect" will take, but I am quite happy.

I started the engine and drove through the city. I think I will visit Mom and Dad tonight. They have been pestering me to pass by since last week, and I don't want to have another blind date if Mom gets pissed. I am actually fortunate with my parents. They were quite supportive of my sexual orientation. I never had to "come out" because both of them noticed my preference for same-sex.

Apparently, my first kiss was a boy I cannot remember. I was seven or eight at that time. I'm not really good with remembering faces, but once in a while, he will pop up in my dreams. Still, his face was blurry. It was just a smack, but it left chaos in my system. The mere brush of our lips left me restless for days.

Stop it, Alex. He has probably forgotten about it. Stop reliving the past.

I sighed and in no time, I was entering my parent's estate. How many weeks has it been since I visited them? Fuck. It has been four months. Can I survive mom's interrogation?

The guard opened the gate and I drove inside, still amazed at the landscape design of my parent's estate. There's a huge tennis court, a golf court, a party villa, a separate villa for the guests, and a huge greenhouse for my mom's plans and flowers. I do not dare touch one of those because she is particularly strict about it.

I climbed down my car and I was welcomed by the mansion's head of the house staff, Graham Williamson. He has been in the family for two decades. He was trained by his father who was then the former head of the house staff.

Also, he is my fucking best friend; the only one who can annoy the hell out of me. He is three years older than I am. Graham and I have been best of friends since we were children. His father would always bring him to the mansion to play with me.

He expertly caught the key I threw at him; a scrutinizing gaze being given to me.

"What?"

"Someone's in a good mood." He commented and lifted an eyebrow.

"Maybe. I met someone." Graham opened the door and I entered, while he was on my heels.

"That's interesting. Although I pity the poor guy." I snapped my head and threw him a sharp glare. That's insulting.

"You better be careful with your next words, Williamson, or I'll—"

"You'll what, Alexis? What will you do to the poor Graham?" My mom interjected and I cursed silently, while Graham subtly smiled in success. This fucking bastard. He knew mom was in the vicinity, so he tried pushing my buttons, and succeeded.

Mom smacked the back of my head and went to Graham. "Alexis, stop bullying Graham! He's your best friend." I gaped and stared at my mom in disbelief.

"Mom! I'm your son! Why are you defending that asshole?" My eyes widened when I fully realized that I dug my own grave. Her eyes almost widened and I saw veins popping on her temples. Fuck. She's so mad. I glanced at Graham for help but the jerk just shrugged.

"Alexis Romanov! Do you want me to wash your mouth with soap?" She bellowed and I gasped when she picked up a magazine and rolled it.

"M-mom. Put it down. I did not mean it, I swear." I gulped hard and stepped backward. She was about to hit me when I heard Dad's voice.