Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Alexis

I leaned against the wall, grounding my teeth against each other to control the urge to scream and curse like a madman. It took all I had to stand firm, as I watch Scott treat Theo's cuts on my bed, the poor man trembling so slightly as he cleaned the wounds and gently applied antiseptics and ointments before wrapping Theo's thighs with a gauze.

I think my breathing stopped for a moment when I saw his legs dripping with blood, and when he passed out, I experienced the greatest fear in my life. No, it couldn't compare to when he went missing earlier.

This is different. Something deep inside me is urging me to snatch Theo and locked him up somewhere where no one and nothing can hurt him. There's a madness deep within me that is slowly rising because of this suicidal brat.

The door opened and Adam entered, his expression hard and tense. "Fuck. He had a blade."

A sudden chill washed over me and stared at Adam with disbelief. "A blade? How the fuck did he get a blade? I thought his room was proofed and safe?" I gritted out, my voice low and dangerous. As much as I don't want to wake Theo up, this indescribable anger is not going to go away any sooner.

Adam rubbed his face and brushed his hair back in exasperation. "I don't know, okay? Let's just be thankful that he did not slit his wrist for the second time around."

I slammed my fist on the wall, startling Scott and capturing Adam's attention. "Thankful? Are you actually saying that? Why should we be thankful? From the looks of it, Theo is broken enough, and that is not something we should be grateful for. Instead of helping him get better, you are thankful that he did not slice his wrists? Are you for real? You should've made sure that Theo won't even think of doing that! What the fuck are you two doing?!"

My angry voice boomed and from my peripheral view, I saw how Scott stood up to intervene but he froze when I glared at him. "And you. You're a psychiatrist, but why is Theo still like that? Are you actually treating him? What's his diagnosis? You should be treating him because this is more than just suicidal attempts and nightmares. Why the hell are you silently cleaning his wounds? It's your job to ensure that he won't harm himself. What you are doing are retroactive acts. Are you really a legit psychiatrist? Or maybe, you both are waiting for Theo to actually end his life, justify to yourselves that you did your best to keep him alive and be on your merry--"

My words were cut off and the sound of a huge slap reverberated in the room. I clenched my jaw and the familiar taste of blood exploded in my mouth. I rubbed my cheek to ease the sting and glared sharply at the insolent man.

Scott was panting heavily, his knuckles clenched so tight, his eyes shimmering and fury filled his expression. "How dare you say that to us! You don't know everything. You just met us a few hours ago, yet you had the audacity to impose your arrogant opinions? What we do to Theo is none of your business. You are just an outsider. Leave. Leave right now!" He screamed in anger but I just smirked and looked past his shoulder.

Theo's expression was dark, and he was glaring so hard at Scott's back. The feisty baby was listening from when I slammed my fist on the wall to how Scott slapped me hard. Theo was just observing throughout. Even Adam did not notice that Theo was already awake.

Scott blanched and followed the direction I was looking, and gasped audibly when Theo's emotionless mercury eyes met his. Scott fidgeted nervously, unsure of what to do.

"Theo... how are you? Does your wound hurt? Um. Do you want water? What do you need? Should I get you something?" Scott fired away in panic as he tried to please Theo.