Man-And-Monster Summit Part 3

"I'm sorry but let's resume the summit." Rimuru tells them as Veldora is sulking in the corner. "First I wanted to talk about keeping the Western Saints Church in check. We would deal with them if they were to attack us, but we have no intention of striking them first. I want to avoid any unnecessary hostilities to begin with, but it's also to avoid a two front war." Rimuru explains to everyone.

"Two front?" Fuze ask.

"From now on Tempest is going to take on Demon Lord Clayman, Our reasoning is that he used Milim to destroy the capital of our befrended nation Yuurazania. And it is very likely that he's also the one who incited Farmus to invade our nation. Which we learned due to Kyru forcing the King of Farmus to talk."

("These continuous surprises one after another are giving me a heart attack...") Fuze

"Can you win O' Rimuru?" Gazel questions Rimuru.

"We'll win. Me and Kyru. He pissed us off." Rimuru tells King gazel 

"It's easier said than done... Clayman is said to be a demon lord with a considerable number of majins under his command. So isn't he quite a tricky foe to deal with?" Elalude ask.

"That's irrelevant." Rimuru tells him. 

In the background.

"It's your fault I got spoiled you know." Veldora tells Ramris.

"Huh? Where am I!?"

Back to Rimuru.

"Only the combined forces of Tempest and Yuurazania will take part in the war. I don't intend to drag anyone of you from Dwargon, Blumund and Sarion into this. And in the meantime, I'd like you to consider how to best handle the actions of the Western Saints Church." He explains to the kings. "Shion we had an archbishop among the prisoners right? Did your interrogation reveal any new information?"

"Fuffufufu Of course Rimuru-sama."

("Ohhhh she's full of confidence. But I have a bad feeling about this.")Rimuru.

"I have indentified the Mastermind. His name is----."

"The main culprit is Cardinal Nikolaus Spertus." Myuran says.

("Nice assist Thank you Myuran!") Shion.

"This Nikola... I was told that when he received the report about our country, he replied that they plan on subjugating our country for being an "enemy" of god" Shion explains to everyone.

"Plan?"

"Yes he explained that the message was a personal decision from the cardinal, and confessed that he supported their raising an army." Myuran also explains.

"Which means that the Saints Church Headquarters hasn't made a definitive decision yet. And we may be able to avoid hostilities through negotiations." King Gazel says.

"Negotiations huh..."

("If our words get through to them there'd be nothing better than that but... After seeing Hinata I don't believe she'll lend an ear to what a mosnter has to say.") Rimuru

"Then Blumund can take care of Negotiations." 

"Fuze."

"We will advertise Tempest in the Western Council. If Tempest will be known as a transit point for trade that is already being used by many countries, even the Church will not be able to ignore it."

"Really! I am truly thankful for that." Rimuru yells out in excitement.

"And... Please let me add one thing. It's about Hinata Sakaguchi. Her words and deeds along with her appearance tends to be seen as cruel. However if one asked for help she will definitely lend a hand. She also gives rational advice if necessary. Well it seems like she doesn't give a second chance to anyone who didn't heed her advice though."