Chapter Thirty-Two: Bro Down

Start from the beginning

Dad finally came down to the lab to check up on Adam's arm with some sort of scanner.

I stood next to Chase as I had one arm wrapped around his waist and he had his arm around my shoulder.

"You're lucky it's just a dislocation. How many times have I told you guys not to goof around?" Dad asked in strict tone.

"Brace yourself, because this is probably gonna shatter your world, but they don't listen to a word you say" Bree sarcastically said.

Me and Leo laughed while dad glared at her.

"Look, I know this was a freak accident, but he could have seriously been hurt. What if he'd have landed on his head?" Dad asked Chase.

"Uh, it would have popped open, spraying confetti everywhere?" Chase shrugged.

I smacked his arm while dad rolled his eyes at him.

"You know what I mean" Dad said.

"But Mr. Davenport, I wasn't trying to hurt him—I was trying to get even. Adam is always punching me and throwing me around" Chase defended.

Ok, yeah that's true.

Adam is always throwing Chase and punching him, Chase just wanted to get some pacyback.

"Yeah, but when I do it, it's funny" Adam said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at him, "no it's not" I said.

"Adam, it is not funny" Dad said while shaking his head.

"If any of you get seriously hurt when I'm not around, all it takes is one X-ray of your bionic chip and you know what happens next" Dad explained.

"Yep. You three go to a government facility, you go to the big house, and I get a big old mansion all to myself" Leo said with a smile.

"In your fucking dreams little man" I said in annoyance, causing Chase to chuckle.

"Leo, this is serious" Dad deadpanned.

"Oh, come on—this really can't be the first time Adam has ever gotten hurt" Leo argued.

"No, it really is. Although there have been some close calls" Bree said and I nodded.

"Yeah, like that one time I reached under the table and when I stood up I--" Adam started as he bent down under the cyber desk.

He then tried getting up but ended up hitting his head under the desk and I winced.

"Ohh! Ohh. Hey, it was just like that!" Adam said.

"Look, you're all gonna have to start being a lot more careful. You're superhuman, but you're not invincible" Dad said.

" Maybe not, but I can still do this" Adam said with a smirk.

He tried punching Chase but Chase was quick to move away from him and Adam winced in pain because of his broken arm.

"Ahhh! Oof! That hurts!" Adam yelled.

I giggled while Chase smirked.

"Great, now Bree and Luna are the strongest" Adam said while pointing to me and Bree.

Bree smiled while I smirked.

"You got that right" I said while flipping my hair.

"Come on bubba, let's go watch some T.V upstairs" I suggested.

I grabbed his arm and dragged him into the elevator.

Once we got inside and the doors closed I immediately smashed my lips onto his as I wrapped both arms around him.