Chapter Thirty-Six: Spike's Got Talent

En başından başla

"This is why I love you so damn much" Chase whispered in my ear.

I giggled and laid my head on his shoulder.

Soon Principal Perry walked into the hallway.

"Listen up, snot-buckets! Don't forget to sign up for the annual Mission Creek High talent show. Auditions are after school, and we'll be judged, by moi" Principal Perry said while pointing at herself.

"Well, that sucks" I whispered to Chase, causing him to chuckle.

"Chances are that if I don't like you, you won't get through, and I don't like any of you, so good luck" Principal Perry said.

"Talent shows are wrong! There are no winners or losers in creative expression" Owen yelled as he stood up from the bench.

"Stick a paintbrush in it, Emo Sabe!" Principal Perry scoffs as she walks away from him.

"I refuse to stand by while that woman crushes the artistic souls of our student body. I'm gonna go sketch my feelings!" Owen yelled.

Bree looked at him and sighed, "he is so tortured. Isn't it great?" Bree asked with a smile.

"No, it's weird" I deadpanned.

The guys laughed while Bree glared at me.

"This talent show is the perfect opportunity for me to build my fan base" Leo said with a smile.

"Leo, you don't have a fan base" Chase said and I nodded.

"I know. That's why I have to build one. With magic!" Leo said while waving his hand in front of Chase's face.

"Well, that is what it would take" I said in annoyance.

"No. I got a magic kit and I've been practicing, specifically for the competition" Leo said.

"A magic kit? Isn't that kind of lame?" Chase asked as he crossed his arms.

"There is nothing lame about buying something off the Internet to make friends" Leo said and we looked at him weirdly.

He then walked up to some girls and smiled at them.

"Hello, ladies. Would you like to see a card trick?" Leo asked, they looked at each other before looking back at him and nodded.

"Okay, this is your card. Mm-hmm..." Leo said as he showed him his card and start playing with it.

"Hey, what's that in your hair?" Leo asked to one of the girls, making them confused.

He smiled and went through their hair before pulling out their card.

"Bam! See? Magic" Leo said with a confident smile.

The girls smiled at him with their eyes wide open, I could tell they were really impressed by what he did.

"You know what my problem is? All of my talents are bionic, and I can't reveal them at school" Chase said as Leo walked back to us.

"Aw. Bionic people problems" Leo teased.

"Aw, short ass kid problems" I teased back, making the others laughed while Leo glared at me.

Chase glared at him before snatching his cards and walking up to some girls.

"Hello, ladies" Chase said with a smile.

"What's he doing?" I asked Leo but he just shrugged.

"Pick a card, any card" Chase said.

One of the girls picked out a card and looked at it.