𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛 𝙿𝚝.2 | 𝑩𝒂𝒌𝒖𝒈𝒐

𝚃𝚆: 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝, 𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚏𝚏

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜: 2.2𝚔

You can hear the light pattering of rain on the window your forehead leans against, your breath fogging up the glass

You can hear the light pattering of rain on the window your forehead leans against, your breath fogging up the glass. You sat in a chair pulled to the window, some random fall catalog in your lap, and a whole pot of coffee. You saw no point in dirtying a cup when you were all by yourself, so you'd been drinking straight from the pot since about nine in the morning.

It's been about a week since you last saw Bakugou, aside from the occasional call to check in on you, he was respecting your space but needed to know you were alright still. People were always surprised to find that he fusses over you so much. Back in high school, he'd always played it cool, like he didn't care all that much what you did or where you went.

Of course, you knew better. He worried all the time, very much in the stereotypical overprotective boyfriend way, but mostly he's afraid that one day you won't be okay kind of way.

Your lips twitch when a fond memory crosses your mind.

. . .

"Katsuki, stop staring." You mumbled in annoyance and he blew air from his cheeks and ran a hand through his spikes, looking around as if he hadn't been glaring holes into the giant bruise on your cheek.

"I wasn't." The blonde defended, crossing his arms over his chest as you returned to your work.

"Sure you weren't, you are many things, babe, subtle is not one of them." You chuckle, brushing a few stray hairs from your face. You notice two red eyes dart back to you, watching your hand as it brushes over the purple skin of your cheek. "It's just a bruise."

"I know, stop fishing for pity, I don't care." Katsuki spits, leaning back on your bed with his hands behind his head, staring at the ceiling.

"I'm not fishing for anything, if you don't care, find something else to do rather than staring at my face like it'll make the bruise heal any faster." You pick back up your pencil and continue working on your concept sketch for your tech support partner's quirk.

"Still think you should've punched him back." His words catch you off guard, and the lead of your pencil breaks causing you to curse under your breath.

"Technically I did, we were training, Bakugou." You say a matter of factly and he scoffs. You see him roll onto his side in the corner of your eye to face you.

"You're not in the hero course, you didn't need to be training for anything, stupid!" Bakugou argues and you send him a glare over your shoulder, he knew you had wanted to be a hero initially, and that you just didn't make the cut. Why was he bringing up old news?

"So? Just because I'm not a hero doesn't mean I don't want to know how to defend myself!" You spat turning back around in your seat to angrily scribble some more. "Besides, Sero said no one else was available to spar with."