𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝙶𝚘𝚝 𝚈𝚘𝚞 || 𝑱𝑱

𝚃𝚆: 𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚞𝚊𝚐𝚎, 𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚎/𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜: 2.1𝚔

It's been days since the last time you saw JJ or any of your friends for that matter

It's been days since the last time you saw JJ or any of your friends for that matter. You've been having problems at home and didn't want to burden the Pogues any more than they already were. So you kept to yourself, distancing when the bruises were too big to hide or when the insults hit a little too close to home. No one, not even JJ who you were closest with, knew about your home life and you planned on keeping it that way. The burden of having to carry his own was enough for the blond boy to worry about and you didn't want to add on to that burden. The sound of knocking pulls you from your thoughts. You didn't even need to look up to already know who it was for the familiar sequence of rhythmic taps already told you who it was. A pang of guilt shoots through your body for ignoring all of Kiara's texts and calls. But you couldn't help it. If she ever found out what you were going through, you knew that she was going to tell JJ and put you in a position that you most definitely did not want to be in. Kiara knocks again, noticing that rather than getting up from your spot on the bed, you just laid there with your back turned against your window.

"Y/N!" she exclaimed. When JJ showed up at John B's earlier that day, he refused to speak to anyone, not even Pope. That's when Kiara decided to go and find the one person she knew he would open up to. And that person was you. "Y/N," she repeats again, her tone softer and voice slightly muffled through the window. "I know something's been off with you lately. You stopped responding to my texts and calls and none of us have seen you for days. And I'm sorry none of us thought of stopping by sooner, we've just been so caught up with the gold that-" she pauses as her voice catches in her throat. Swallowing her tears, she continues, "We were so caught up in the gold that we lost sight of the importance of our friendship and I am so sorry."

Kie's words tug at your heartstrings. Of course, your friendship was still important to your friends. But you couldn't help but believe the harsh words that your parents have told you time and time again or help but glance at the sickening reminders they left on your skin.

Noticing that you haven't turned around and instead decided to keep your back turned to her like a stonewall, she sighs. "We need you right now, Y/N. JJ needs you."

Those last three words were all you needed to hear before you began to climb out of bed and make yourself look somewhat presentable. It was no secret to you nor the Pogues that you were JJ's soft spot. Similarly, he was yours. The two of you together were a force to be reckoned with. JJ kept you safe while you kept him sane. There wasn't a thing in this world that you wouldn't do for your boy. Pulling on a faded band tee over your bikini top, you walk towards your window and pull it open letting in the cool sea breeze blow through your hot and stuffy room. Looking deep into Kiara's dark brown eyes, you see nothing but the guilt she held for ignoring you for so long. She sends you a remorseful smile and sticks out her hand to help you climb out the window.