𝙰 𝙲𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚗 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘 || 𝑲𝒐𝒍

𝚃𝚆: 𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍, 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍, 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑, 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝.

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜: 1.6𝚔

(Flashbacks in this style of text)

Fandom: The Vampire Diaries/The Originals

It was a quiet day in the compound when y/n and Klaus came in fighting

"Klaus! Listen to me!" you shouted at him, he kept walking forward without a second glance. "Klaus!"

"please y/n, I've had just about enough of your persistent nagging." he turns around and walks towards you. "I wouldn't have to nag you if you would just listen to me and your brother!" you do air quotations with your fingers around 'nag you' and fold your arms. At that moment the noble brother walked in "ah speak of the devil and he shall come" Klaus makes a snark remark at Elijah.

"Dear brother, will you please just forget this ignorant facade you put up and listen to us for once in your life? And we will, how did you put it," he looks to you and then looks back to Klaus "stop nagging you."

"if you don't stop talking I'll dagger you and put you in a coffin next to Kol!" he growls and points a finger at Elijah. At the mention of Kol's name you turn your head away, a few months ago Klaus found out you and Kol had been dating behind his back.

4 months ago

You and Kol are running around the halls of the mikaelson mansion whilst everyone else is out causing mayhem somewhere. The both of you were singing off-pitch to songs that you had heard on the radio"I'm gonna swiiiing from the chaandelierr" you sing running away from Kol. "I'm going to get you, y/n/n, run faster," he says in a sing-song voice. You scream playfully and run faster, you turn left into a room. You stop running when you can no longer hear Kol, you look around and realize who's room it is. Kol's. You hear his laughter echo in the room and it causes you to jump."I have you cornered, y/n/n, nowhere to go...""Kol I swear to god if you scare me you'll regret it!" he chuckles and it sounds like it's coming from the bathroom so you make your way over. You gently pushed open the door but the rooms empty."boo!" you scream so hard your throat hurts. "Jesus Christ, y/n, I think the whole of New Orleans heard that!" he says laughing, you playfully punch his arm. He gently puts his hand on the back of your head and kisses you softly, you stand up on your tiptoes to deepen the kiss and he backs you against the wall."what the bloody hell is going on here?" the two of you jump and look towards the doorway. "Klaus! When did you get here?" he looks at you like you had committed the worst crime in history. "well Elijah and I just came back from a very tiring day sorting out witches and whatnot, I didn't think I'd have to come home to... This!" he spits out in disgust."oh, Nik. You always make the littlest situations the most complicated." Kol says with a smile. "oh do tell me Kol, how is having your tongue down y/n's throat, complicated?" he walks away again and says "follow me, now."You and Kol exchange some confused glances but follow quickly "where are we-" you start but Klaus turns around when you reach the living room. "this ends now, and if I find out that you are still hooking up with each other, there will be hell to pay." he turns to face the fireplace, walks over and lights a fire. "wait are you being serious? Nik you can't control who I love! I love y/n and you can't change that!"Klaus sighs and takes something from the mantlepiece above the fireplace "just know, I gave you a chance to stop seeing each other, it seems there's only one thing left to resort to" and with that he runs over and daggers Kol in what feels like a second."No!" you scream. You catch his body before it falls to the floor, you fall to the ground and place his head in your lap. "how could you?" you say sobbing to Klaus, you stroke Kol's hair and watch as his body turns grey."oh please, spare me your cries. We all knew he had it coming" he says as he sits down on the sofa. You kiss Kol's forehead and shout for Elijah. He walks into the living room and stops dead in his tracks when he sees you crying over Kol's body. "care to explain the meaning of this Niklaus?" he says turning to the hybrid who was pouring himself a glass of bourbon."Well Elijah, as you can see, I daggered Kol because he and y/n were seeing each other behind our backs, I gave him a chance to stop yet he was still being a nuisance so... Here we are," he says before drinking his booze. Elijah grabs him and throws him down onto the coffee table, causing it to break. "if you don't mind Elijah, that table was Italian!""So is this suit," he says before throwing him again into a nearby wall. Elijah walks over to you, he kneels down in front of you and Kol's body "y/n it's going to be okay?" you turn your tear-stained face up to look him in the eyes. "no it's not, I loved him and because of it he's probably going to be daggered for another century knowing your brother."He wipes the tears from your face and looks down at Kol "may I?" You nod unable to form more words without crying again. Elijah picks up Kol's body and takes it to an open casket. "don't you dare Elijah, if you undagger him, I promise that he and you will be daggered for centuries!" Klaus tells from Across the Room, he walks over and shuts the coffin holding Kol's body with a bang.

present day

"can't you see it upsets her still?!" Elijah shouts. Klaus scoffs "she's like a sister to me! And I don't want to see my brother and my best friend, who is like my sister, making out every five bloody minutes! It's disgusting Elijah."

He holds his hand up to signal him to be quiet. He takes his phone out and answers it, as the conversation between him and the caller progresses you can see the worry on his and Klaus' face form. Of course, Klaus can hear it even though it's across the room, sometimes you wished Kol had turned you.

Klaus walks over to you and gives you a hug "it seems our presence is needed elsewhere. Apparently there has been some sort of issue at the bayou. Are you going to be ok here alone?" you let out a heavy sigh "yeah. I'm probably just going to get a bath and rest." he looks at you and gives you another hug "that wasn't very convincing y/n/n, but I'm going to believe you won't get in trouble while we're out." you give him a smile and watch as he and Elijah leave the compound to go to Hayley in the bayou.

Once they leave, you walk around the compound thinking of all the memories you have there. Starting from when your parents were killed by a pack of werewolves and Klaus taking you in, to this day. Suddenly an idea pops into your head. 'I'll undagger Kol myself while there out' this thought made you smile and you ran to where you thought Klaus was keeping Kol's coffin. You ran down the steps and through hallways but his coffin wasn't there.

You kept looking, hopeful that you'd find him and be with him again. It had been nearly an hour and you knew Klaus and Elijah would be returning soon and all hope of finding him was draining from your body. You were walking along a corridor and you noticed a new door. You opened it, and there he was. The casket was open and Kol was lying in it with the dagger in his chest still, his body grey. You ran over to him and cried out in delight "oh Kol, I found you. OK I'm going to pull the dagger out, and then we can move away from this hell hole. OK one... Two... Three" you pulled it out and automatically his body healed.

It had been a few minutes since the dagger was removed and there was still no sign of life in Kol. "I wish I could talk to you right now," you said to him even though he probably couldn't hear you. At that moment you heard Klaus shout for you "y/n where are you?! We need to talk!" you tried to stay as quiet as possible so he couldn't find you and stop you from awakening Kol.

You looked around the room from where you were sat and noticed 3 more coffins 'probably for his other sib-' your thoughts were cut off because you heard a loud gasp come from Kol. You jumped up and gave him a tight hug. He started breathing heavily and you pulled away "Kol? How are you? "

He didn't answer you, instead, he just grabbed you harshly by your arms and sunk his fangs into your carotid artery. The pain was unbearable and you were screaming for Klaus, you were trying your best to fight off Kol but his vampire abilities kept you still. "Kol please stop! Klaus!" you were shouting but he wouldn't stop. He hadn't fed on human blood for 4 months and he was hungry. He didn't care that you loved him or that he loved you, he was too blinded by his need for human blood.

"y/n!" Klaus shouts. Kol is shaken out of his state and let's go of your body. Klaus runs over and catches you he tries to find a heartbeat but is unsuccessful. The life had been drained out of you by none other than the person you loved most.

 The life had been drained out of you by none other than the person you loved most