40

Asking the Heart (1)

The mountain road is wet, the rock walls are black and green, and a few plants and trees stick their heads through the cracks.

Huai Bai led Pei Yu to the heart-questioning platform——soon the second trial was about to begin.

Huai Bai thought, her little apprentice had done a big deal in silence. Fortunately, she covered up at the early stage, so Ning Xiao could also suppress the matter at Danxia Palace.

She has no doubt that her apprentice will grow into a genius who astounds the world, but the more genius she is, the easier it is to be envied, not to mention the fact that the Zhuangzi Saints and Mo Sect are still watching.

The more dazzling the light, the more you have to bear when you are young.

But she only wants Pei Yu to live happily and have a good childhood like those children in modern society.

“Mas-Master…” Pei Yu stopped and looked up at Huai Bai, her expression a little nervous.

Huai Bai turned around and smiled: “What?” Seeing the girl hadn’t said a word for a long time, she squatted down and said softly: “Are you still thinking about the Heavenly Stairs? Don’t worry, it’s just that the stairs have collapsed, no big deal. Even if the sky falls, there is still the master.”

When Pei Yu heard the words, she seemed to be slightly scratched by something in her heart. She lowered her eyes slightly, her cheeks were stained with crimson. She loosened her clenched left hand, and placed a golden leaf safely on her palm.

“Master, give it to you.”

This is not a precious thing, will Master like it?

Pei Yu bit her lip, her heart beating. This is the world she loves, and she wants to give it to the person she cares about most in the world.

Huai Bai took the leaf and smiled: “Thank you, I like it very much.”

Pei Yu tried to stay calm, but her lips couldn’t help raising its sides, and her eyes were full of joy, “It’s good for the Master to like it.”

Huai Bai curled her fingers and scratched the girl’s small nose, “Little baby, go to Ask the Heart.”

Gushan’s second trial is to Ask the Heart.

Compared to the Heavenly Stairs, this trial seemed much simpler. The participants in the trial only need to place their hands on the heart-questioning stone.

On the questioning stone, they will see what they desire most in their hearts.

Parents, wives, children, fame… Once you enter the immortal gate, you are destined to abandon a lot of things. Some people are lured by longevity, cut off the dust, worship the immortal gate, and when they look back, they have passed years, and the old people become loess, and they understand that for themselves, the most important thing is lost.

The heart-questioning stone is actually used to give the disciples who are about to enter Gushan a chance to choose. Let them ask their own minds if it’s worth it, so they will not regret it in the future.

Huai Bai thought that the Dao ancestors who made trials in the past were very well-intentioned, and they were preaching to these young people as early as the beginning of the road.

At this time, there were more than a dozen young people standing under the stage of Asking the Heart. All disciples had reached six hundred steps and were qualified to enter the inner peak.

They raised their heads, looking forward at the jade platform, and the questioning stone with white light on it.

There were four white feathered girls standing on the asking platform.