37

Heavenly Stairs (1)

At midnight, the door was opened silently.

Pei Yu slept soundly, turned around unconsciously, still muttering in her dreams. If someone else approached in her sleep, she would have been awakened a long time ago. Except for Huai Bai, she has never fortified herself against her master.

Huai Bai approached gently, sat on the head of the bed, and tucked the quilt for the girl.

Moonlight leaked from the sparse window and sprinkled on Pei Yu’s face, reflecting her beautiful face, as bright as an autumn moon. Huai Bai’s eyes gradually softened, and gently put the girl’s two arms on the outside back into the quilt.

She watched the girl’s lips open and closed, as if she was talking, listening carefully, and found that she was yelling something like “Master” or “Spoil”, she slowly raised her lips, and her heart softened into spring water. “Master spoils you the most.” She whispered.

Pei Yu and Jianyi are different. She has never regarded Jianyi, Ming Ying, and the others as her apprentices, but she intends to take good care of this child. She will teach her like a disciple and love her like a daughter, to make up for the unspeakable guilt in her heart.

In fact, only she knew that Pei Yu was supposed to be the protagonist of that story.

She added all the good things in the world to this child, and when she wrote about her, the corners of her mouth could not help but burst into laughter.

Therefore, when she wrote about the tribulation of Gushan, and Pei Yu was pushed down from the Ten Thousand Demons Cave, she was also the most heartbroken. But she didn’t change the ending. She doesn’t know why, maybe it is untrue to change the ending and let Pei Yu live to perfection.

“After all, I’m sorry.” Huai Bai sighed softly. Just about to turn the light off for her, he suddenly saw a book falling on the corner of the bed. She picked it up curiously, read a few pages, and smiled deeper on her face.

She used to tell some bedtime stories for the disciples, and Rong Jibai compiled these stories into a book and published them under the name of Jiyu Sheng.

The third child was told by her seniors that she was not doing her job properly, spending all day long to play with the painting symbols. In fact, she was secretly writing all kinds of love and hatred. She has long become a well-known author in the world.

Huai Bai returned the book to its place.

She pretended to be ignorant of Rong Jibai’s leisure hobbies, but she knew it well, and even secretly bought all the scripts she wrote.

Maybe this is not like a good master, but she didn’t want to be a good master in the eyes of ordinary people. She just wanted her apprentice, her friends, and everyone around her to live the life they wanted.

The moonlight melted, and the courtyard was like a layer of crushed snow.

Huai Bai shrank her neck, put her hands in her sleeves, looked back at the closed windows and doors, and walked away with a light smile.

… …

After three days in the blink of an eye, the Heavenly Stairs Trial was opened.

At noon, the golden crow shone high, and clouds around Gushan scattered, revealing the beautiful green mountains and green peaks.

(T/N: golden crow is another name for the sun, taken from the legend of Hou Yi shooting down the suns where the 10 suns that existed in ancient times were all golden crows)