3

Encircled Village (2)

The village chief was so busy that he instructed several people to persuade him, and suddenly a stone flew out of nowhere, slamming his forehead with blood. He was painful and angry, and the little mirror in his hand shone dazzlingly, as bright as the day. The villagers covered their eyes one after another, and they couldn’t worry about fighting.

“Look at you! What kind of style!” The village chief tore off a piece of silk cloth from his sleeve and wrapped it on his head to stop the bleeding. Then he stood with his head high, eagle-eyed like a hook, and coldly swept his gaze through the villagers.

His aura is really good, but his head is wrapped in a thick layer of cloth, and he immediately becomes comical. Several young people lowered their heads and laughed.

The village head was anxious and looked around, trying to find out who threw the stone, but the situation was chaotic at the time, where could he distinguish clearly?

“Daddy, it’s her!” Sui Han quietly tugged at the village chief’s sleeve and pointed to a remote corner.

There was a little girl squatting there, looking at the appearance of seven or eight years old, dirty on half of her body, so thin that the bones protruded, which was very eye-catching. The girl lowered her head, picked up a few stones in her hand, and was playing seriously.

The village chief’s eyes flickered, and suddenly he had an idea. He walked slowly, and the crowd consciously followed and surrounded the little girl.

“Silly girl, can you help Uncle with a favor?” The village chief bent down, barely trying to squeeze a kindly smile or two, but just after smiling, he pulled the wound on his face, and he grinned with pain.

The silly girl raised her head, her eyes were black and white, and terribly clear.

The village chief took a breath and couldn’t help backing a few steps, her eyes made him feel like he was being stared at by a beast.

The sky is gloomy, and with the cover of an adult like the village head, the others can’t see the girl’s appearance, they just booed: “Silly girl, help us to see in the red mist, come back and we’ll give you bones to eat.”

Peiyu lowered her head slightly, pretending to be ordinary and timid, her shoulders trembling, and said: “Ghosts, scary…”

The village chief breathed a sigh of relief, thinking it was dazzling just now, and coaxed in a good voice: “Where is the ghost? Come, you take this,” he forced the blazing feather into the girl’s hand, “hold this and walk in. Look at the fog.”

He didn’t think that the little girl could walk through the blood fog alone, but she could explore the way for people. He could also see the dangers in the blood fog from the flower viewing mirror, so he had to prepare a lot.

Peiyu’s cub-like eyes were full of tears, her little hand was holding the warm feather, and she wanted to cry: “I’m cold.”

“Little bastard, why are you doing so much?” a villager quickly cursed.

Peiyu lowered her eyes and glanced at him quickly. This person’s name is Sui Nong, the cousin of the village chief, and the house where the woman was crying just now is also his home.

“What are you talking about? Go in by yourself if you’re going to talk so much!” The village head was upset, scolded him a few words, and then took out a piece of scarlet jade from his sleeve, and said warmly: “It won’t be cold with this.”

He made up his mind that if the child died in the blood mist, he would retrieve the jade later. It was a matter of life and death. It didn’t make sense to care about this kind of thing, not to mention that the scarlet jade didn’t belong to him.