35

The Clouds Return (3)

“Where’s your knife?”

Pei Yu took a knife from the storage bag. The knife is a commonly used bony knife, with a sharp pointed narrow blade, shining coldly in the sun.

Sheng Ji smiled, “What? You’re just gonna hit me with this kid’s stuff?”

Yu Chisu leaned over and whispered, “There’s a sword in my storage bag. Do you want it? It’s top grade, but it is metallic, so it will still be defeated by his Hongyan.”

Pei Yu said: “No need.”

Yu Chisu stood in front of her and said to Sheng Ji: “You see someone holding a knife, are you embarrassed to use Hongyan?”

Sheng Ji sneered, “The weapon is a part of victory or defeat, why should people find other excuses if their skills are not as good as others?”

“You!” Yu Chisu wanted to say something again, but Pei Yu put a hand on her shoulder to stop what she was about to say.

Pei Yu stepped forward and said to Sheng Ji: “It is not good for you to rely on foreign objects.”

The reason is actually very simple.

Practicing is the process of constantly pursuing the limit and stimulating one’s potential. A good magic weapon seems to be beneficial to practice, but it will obliterate more possibilities. For monks who want to pursue the ultimate, it is a hindrance.

She was famous all over the world for her Splendid Blade, and Ji Yue’s Flying Snow Bow was famous for moving the immortal gate. It was not the benefit of the magic weapon itself, but the owner of the magic weapon’s own abilities that won them their fame.

Sheng Ji was very disdainful, “If a sword cultivator does not rely on the sword in his hand, what else can he rely on?”

Pei Yu asked: “What if you don’t have a sword in your hand?”

“The sword is there, and the sword breaks and kills you!”

Pei Yu knew it in her heart and asked Yu Chisu to step aside to avoid the sword storm from affecting her. Then salute each other with Sheng Ji.

Sheng Ji said: “You are younger than me, so I will let you do ten tricks.”

Pei Yu stunned, nodded, “It’s okay.”

She stroked the air ten times with the knife at random, “One, two, three… ten, you go ahead.”

Sheng Ji’s face flushed red, “You humiliate me!” Before the words fell silent, the distance between the two suddenly shortened, and Hongyan stabbed like a tongue of fire.

Standing in the distance, Yu Chisu could still feel the heat spreading on the surface, and the airflow was scorched by Hongyan.

She wiped the sweat on her face and nervously observed the situation on the court.

In Sheng Ji’s hands, Hongyan danced like a tiger. The flames rose, the surrounding vegetation was burnt to yellow, and the leaves were slightly curled and hung on the branches.

Pei Yu’s figure resembles a small boat swaying in a violent wind and huge waves, looking precarious.

Suddenly, the sword in Sheng Ji’s hand was prosperous, and the man stepped on the flying stone to jump up to several feet, and then swung his sword to cut it down with the force of breaking the rock!

Yu Chisu hurriedly yelled: “It’s one man is the gate! Pei Yu stay away!”

This is Sheng Ji’s famous sword style. One man is the gate, and ten thousand men can’t open. The lonely and masculine sword style is matched with the extremely fierce Hongyan. The sword wind can lift off the sand and the stone.