31

Blood Demon (2)

“What’s the price?” Ying Qiu looked bleak, “what does it matter? Even if it takes my life, what does it matter?”

Huai Bai sneered, “How much is your life worth?”

She rarely is so sharp and mean to someone she knows is pitiful, but the words in her mouth are more hurtful than the others.

“That’s a demon. The more painful the world, the happier she will be,” Huai Bai’s eyes showed disgust and hatred. “It’s ridiculous that you believed in a demon’s price,” she pointed to the meat mountain on the bed. “Isn’t this the price?”

Ying Qiu followed, her lips trembling slightly.

Her young lady, a little girl who is already beautiful without powder, should be carefree amidst the colors and butterflies flying, holding a fan and flapping butterflies carefree, her figure fluttering and dancing in the wind, and should not be like a dead thing all day long. Sitting here, she doesn’t know anything other than repeating the pain before death.

It shouldn’t be like this.

But what can she do?

She never had a choice. From when she was abducted and sold by traffickers, her arms and legs were interrupted, until she finally met with the young lady, suffered wars, and now. She seemed to have fallen in the abyss, thinking that she could always get to the end, but she found out that the pain of life is bottomless.

Every time is more unbearable.

“Heaven is thinner to me.” Ying Qiu choked up: “Heaven is not fair. I just want to protect a person. Why is this? I have worked so hard. Why is this still happening?”

(T/N: thinner means treats her worse)

Huai Bai looked at her silently.

Her brows and eyes were cold, and there was a faint disgust and hatred on her face.

“You are too weak, so even if you are toyed with or trampled, you have no ability to resist. To be born as an ant, you must have the consciousness of an ant.”

Xiao Bai’s furry tail raised, “Don’t say that! She is pathetic enough!”

Huai Bai’s wrist turned slightly, and the bamboo joints exploded. Xiao Bai shuddered in fright and did not dare to speak any more.

Huai Bai laughed, without the slightest smile in her eyes, “You can’t even protect yourself. You still want to protect others. It’s ridiculous.”

Xiao Bai tried to curl up into a ball, and the woman suddenly became terrible.

It’s like being poked in a sore spot.

The meat mountain trembled slightly, her eyes blinked, the turbidity subsided, and her black and white eyes were as clear as a spring.

“Ying Qiu.” She whispered.

Several people looked back together, Ying Qiu froze inconceivably. After a long time, she dared to take a step forward and asked quietly, “Miss?”

The expression was tense and the voice was soft, as if she was afraid of disturbing an ethereal dream.

Xia Ziyan tried to laugh, but the flesh on her face was squeezed together, making it difficult to even speak, “It’s me.”

“Miss?” Ying Qiu tremblingly touched it. The girl’s original bright face was no longer the original, and the meat under her hands was soft and greasy, but she carefully touched it, as if caressing the world’s treasure.