25

The Great Demon (4)

The bamboo forest is dim, and the sound of bamboo is bleak.

Huai Bai stands in the forest, and she is like a sparse bamboo with green feathers, cleansing the scenery and looking like the best in the world.

The faint moonlight shone on her picturesque eyebrows, which looked very delicate and hazy, with outstanding grace.

Pei Yu looked at her for a moment.

When the master did not speak, she was still like an immortal, like a cultivator.

Huai Bai raised her lips at her, her eyes seemed to be full of moonlight, “Cub, are you afraid of it?”

Pei Yu shook her head.

Huai Bai said again: “Cub, don’t be afraid, I’ll follow behind you, but temporarily be invisible, so don’t be afraid.”

Pei Yu thought to herself: Wouldn’t you be afraid that the demon would hear it if you just say it like this?

After not taking a few steps, Huai Bai said again: “Cub, if you are afraid, just sing a song to be bold. What song would you sing?”

“Cub, why don’t you speak? Are you too scared to speak?”

“Cub…”

Pei Yu sighed secretly in her heart.

“Master, I won’t be afraid.”

She won’t be afraid of anything, no matter the demons or ghosts or the treacherous fate… there is nothing to be afraid of, from the moment she was pushed down from the Ten Thousand Demons Cavern.

With a slender bamboo leaf in her hand, Huai Bai just smiled and said, “But I’m afraid you will be afraid.”

Her words were slurred, but Pei Yu understood it, and she was left alone for a while.

“Cub, I’ll blow you a tune, so that you are not afraid.” Huai Bai put the bamboo leaf to her mouth and blew a very cheerful little tune.

The evening breeze came slowly, the bamboo leaves rustled, and the rain from the broken leaves rained down, spilling them all.

Pei Yu shrank her neck and looked back.

The frost is as dry and cold as jade, and the branches of the wind resound like a piano. Huai Bai is half-drenched, blowing bamboo leaves with a smile, walking in the moonlight of the bamboo forest.

The sound of beating wind and rain continued all night.

The starry night is deep.

After walking for a long time, the monster still didn’t emerge.

Pei Yu had expected this ending long ago. Her murderous aura is so hard for ordinary people to perceive it, but the demons are very sensitive to it.

Using her as a bait is tantamount to placing a tiger in the mountains and forests, hoping to lure a thin sheep——it’s strange that the demon will come.

Huai Bai didn’t care, she finished playing a song with a smile, and played a few more times with intent. It seemed that she was here not to catch demons, but to blow leaves in the bamboo forest.

She looked leisurely and unstructured, and she seemed to be calm and unmoved.

Pei Yu glanced at the footprints on the ground, feeling clear.

They seem to be confused in the mountains, but in fact they are slowly approaching the place where the demon is the strongest, that is, the demon lair. It seems that they have a clear heart, or they all understand where the demon’s lair is at a glance, and they are surprisingly consistent in the direction of their toes.