~Chapter 65~

Beginne am Anfang

"I have no idea. Yulhee just told me she spoke to a woman who gave them to her."

"Do you think it was Hana?" I now turned to Hyunjin.

"I don't know... what if someone way before Hana and Donghyun had or took them, someone who also knew, and tried using them but didn't work, and somehow they ended up in Sang Hoon's timeline but after his half and Yulhee's half were thrown to the sea, they ended up in Hana and DongHyun's timeline, so that's when they found them and took care of them, untill Sang Hoon stole them?"

"As if the story repeated, just like it has proven to be." I brought my fingers to my chin as I understood Hyunjin's reasoning, and it made sense.

"Well, that, we'll never know." Hyunjin concluded. Turning back to Sang Hoon, he continued telling what happened.

"Once I realized she undeniably was talking about the pearls, something invaded me. A feeling of despair, urging me to go look for Yulhee's half, although I knew it was impossible for me to find it, as it had been months since her pearl was thrown, but at the moment, and plus I was miserable without  her, I decided to do something pretty silly."

"I have like a hundred questions right now." Hyunjin scratched his head out of frustration. I was trying my best to tie all details up, but indeed, there were some things that didn't match.

"I'm almost there, don't worry" Sang Hoon laughed.

"I remember I thanked the lady for the explanation and the shell I bought, and well... imagine how intrigued and shocked I was, to this day I don't forget she told me "take care, Sang Hoon"...she knew my name! ."

"It was her, no doubt" I turned to Hyunjin.  "Don't worry, we're not done telling our story either, we'll explain after you do." I assured Sang Hoon, as a confused expresion dominated his face. 

"That day, right after finishing business, I went straight to where I was staying, and without thinking too much, I grabbed the half that I still owned and made my way to the beach. It was stupid, I know; trying to reach for something that had been away for months, and in the sea.

I actually went into the water, but I really didn't look for anything. As water level covered my chest, I just let myself cry out. I understood it was impossible for me to see her again, and I was being delusional. After a rather hard mental breakdown in the water, I decided to go back home.

When I got out of water, my pearl was gone, and I realized it was a dumb thing to do, but it was too late. Once I headed back-"

"Didn't you say you threw the pearl away many years after?" Hyunjin interrupted yet again.

"Patience, boy"

"Sorry."

"Once I headed back, the first thing I noticed was the the fair. It wasn't there, it was completely gone. Now, I know it was late and most tents were closing up, but there wasn't a soul, and it was impossible everybody wrapped up and left just like that."

"So I guess that's how you realized something was wrong"  I said.

"You would think so, but no. As I walked back to where I was staying, I started to notice things out of place, but it wasn't that different though, so I just thought I hadn't pay much attention to details. The one thing that made me realize, was shop."

"A shop?"

"Not any shop though. It was a shop that had been closed and abandoned, in my timeline at least. I remember every time I traveled to Incheon for business, I wondered why didn't anyone take care of that little shop, it looked completely abandoned. But that night, the shop was... open."