5

He was nervous again, which was just stupid. Harry might be a very attractive man, well, okay, he could admit that might was redundant. He had eyes for Christ's sake. Harry was gorgeous. Louis wasn't straight but he had never felt the need to label himself. He had kissed a couple of guys in high school, no big deal. But then he met Olivia and he fell in love and later married her, so that side of him wasn't something he had ever explored or felt the need to explore. They had a happy marriage. He couldn't imagine being with someone else for the moment, or ever for that matter. He just couldn't see himself with someone else. He had been with Olivia for fifteen years. He thought that they would grow old together.

But that didn't mean that he couldn't be friends with Harry. He was lonely. The thought of having someone to hang out with, another single dad who understood, excited him.

They had decided to go to the Zoo after lunch. There was a knock at the door and Dominic and Elton went to open it while Louis ran around collecting the things he needed for Johannah. He heard Harry's voice so he entered the hallway to greet him.
"Hi, I'm almost ready. I just have to find Johannah's stuffed rabbit."

"Take your time." Harry smiled.

Five minutes later they were heading down the elevator.
"I have a minibus. Just get Darcy's car seat and we can all go together." Louis suggested.

They arrived in the underground garage. Dominic and Elton ran to the car. Louis was carrying Johannah and Harry was pushing Darcy in her baby carriage.
"I can take Darcy." Louis offered.

Harry let go of the baby carriage and Louis took over. He pushed it toward the car while Harry went to his car to get the car seat. In the meantime, Louis unlocked the doors so the boys could get inside. He put Johannah in her car seat and made sure to secure her. He took Darcy to the back of the car and lifted her from the carriage. Harry returned with the car seat and put it in place. Louis handed him the baby and loaded the baby carriage in the car next to Johannah's stroller while Harry put Darcy in the car seat. Everything went smoothly and Harry took a seat next to Louis upfront and they drove away.
"Harry? What's your favorite animal?" Elton asked.

"Oh, I love all animals but I adore penguins. Did you know they mate for life?" Harry answered.

Elton started to discuss with his brother so Harry turned to Louis.
"Another fun fact about penguins. Some of them are gay and in long-term relationships with each other. Sometimes the other penguins give them an egg so they can have a baby too." Harry beamed.

"Really? That's awesome. Really sweet." Louis smiled.

"Yeah, some people have a lot to learn from animals. They're not judgemental." Harry replied with a sigh.

Louis glanced at him. It sounded like Harry had encountered said people.
"I'm sorry Harry."

"It is what it is." Harry answered with a shoulder shrug.

"Hey, I say that! I even have it tattooed on my chest!" Louis chuckled.

"Huh." Harry let out.

They arrived at the zoo and Louis parked the car. He went to get the carriages out from the back while Harry took care of getting the smaller ones out of their car seats. Louis grinned when he came to the back holding Johannah's hand and having Darcy on his other arm.
"Look at us! What a super team."

Harry smiled a dimpled smile without commenting and gave Johannah to Louis before he lay Darcy in the carriage. The boys were excited to get inside and ran in front of them. They walked up to the checkers to pay. Louis glanced at the board, announcing the price.
"Look, there's a family discount. Two adults and two children over the age of four. Perfect."

Harry blushed a little.
"I can split the cost with you."

"Nonsense. My treat." Louis smiled and got his wallet.

He paid and they went inside.
"Boys, you can't run off. If we would get separated anyhow just find your way here to the entrance and wait here." Louis instructed.

"Yes, Dad." Dominic and Elton said at the same time.

"So, which way first?" Louis asked.

"The pink route?" Harry suggested.

Louis nodded his head and they took off. They walked between the fenced areas, looking at giraffes, lemurs, African hunting dogs, zebras, pygmy hippos, meerkats, okapis, warthogs, and finally otters. Harry smiled at the cute animals.
"You know, utters mate for life too." He smiled.

"Gay otters?" Louis teased.

Harry laughed softly.
"I don't know."

"What's this weird but cute fascination for animals who mate for life?" Louis wondered with a smirk, and mentally facepalmed for using the word cute. Harry might think he was flirting with him. 

Harry cackled loudly, throwing his head back.
"It's sweet! I guess I'm helplessly romantic."

"It's animals, mate." Louis chuckled.

"So are humans." Harry winked.

Elton and Dominic were getting frustrated so they continued to look at animals, walking through the orange trail as well. Louis had such a great time. Harry was easy to talk to. He knew that they just met but he could sense that he had made a friend for life and that made him happy. They just clicked.

They continued to see the animals until it was time for dinner and they went to one of the restaurants to eat. They headed back to the car afterward and Harry put the smaller ones in their car seats while Louis loaded the carriers to the back. Dominic and Elton had already gotten seated, buzzing about their day at the zoo. Before Louis could get in the car Harry walked up to him.
"Louis? I just wanted to say that I had a great day. Thanks for letting me come with you."

"Yeah, me too. My Saturdays aren't that exciting usually, especially not after the kids are asleep." Louis chuckled.

"I know exactly what you mean. I just watch some crap on tv." Harry smiled.

"Maybe...would you... Ehm, wanna continue to hang out? We could watch a movie or something when the kids are in bed. I guess it has to be at my place because I can't leave the kids. Ehm..." Louis rambled nervously.

Harry squeezed his arm quickly and smiled.
"I'd love to. Yeah, I'll just bring the baby carriage for Darcy. I would love the company. It gets a bit lonely sitting by myself every night."

Louis smiled, feeling relieved.