Alternate Me

Luisa

The doors swung open and I walked down the aisle exactly how I did on my ascension night. Everyone's eyes were on me as I completed the walk and sat on my throne.

"It's only a matter of time before you find out so I figured I should tell you now," I began. "From the first sights of acidic rain, Praimfaya; the skaikrasha that covered the Earth once will come again. That's why Skaikru was building their home to help us survive. Now that it's gone, we have another solution. The crypt of the First Commander has been found. Even in death, she continues to save us."

The clueless ambassadors fell into murmurs and I lifted a hand for them to settle. "The bunker can hold over the five hundred people I wrote down," I continued. "Everyone in this room will have a spot inside." I leaned back, gazing at the lot, wondering what I could add.

Just as I was about to speak, the doors opened with a bang and Luna barged in. "The last member of Floukru," I said. She was stopped by Octavia so she wouldn't get any further. "Your Commander here has discarded the sacred blood," she projected her voice. "She bled me like the Mountain Men for her science to make more nightbloods." They started chattering.

"Heda," Gaia gestured to me but she had a worried expression. "Do you have any proof of this accusation?" I questioned. "No-" "So why are you here?" I asked. "You became Commander without a conclave," Luna told me.

"There wasn't anyone to kill," I said. "Besides, we were in dire need of a leader." "I challenge you to solo gonplei." While the ambassadors gasped, my head fell back to cackle. "They'll call you the crazy one," I chuckled and my smile faded. "I accept.

"We will not enter that bunker until this conclave is over," I announced. "When I win," Luna began. "No one will be in there because humanity doesn't deserve to live." "I'll see you soon." I faintly waved as she pivoted and walked out and the crowd followed after her.

"She's going to die," Octavia commented. "Don't underestimate her, Kane," Lincoln said. "She killed her brother and was paired with Lexa on her last round." "Good," I nodded. "Now I know her fighting techniques and weak spots, especially the places she got drilled." "You should get ready," Gaia told me.

I stood, walking out of the space to go to my bedroom. I was left alone and I sat down to meditate with the Spirits of the Commanders. "I am the Flame and the Flame is me," I breathed. Opening my eyes, I liked my teeth and formed a menacing grin.

I made my way down the tower and outside where a crowd chanted. I could hear thunder rumble above me as I paced myself around the fighting ground. I stopped at a guard to remove the extra clothing and I caught a glimpse of Roan who was sitting in a chair.

The yelling brought me back to reality when Luna came out and I drew my sword. I faced her to place the blade against hers and Gaia commenced our battle. I slide the blade back as she stepped back to circle me. I stayed in the middle, watching her every step and I could feel it in the ground.

When her foot picked up to run towards me, I gripped the handle and waved my sword to clash hers but it wasn't there when she slit my calf. From the adrenaline, it didn't hurt and I moved. I brought the sword over my head to hit her but she defended herself and I butted her in the chin.

Since I was taller than her, I pulled on her free hand to push her to the ground. I jabbed at her chest but she rolled over to kick me in the back. Her legs were able to wrap around my neck and I struggled to get out of her hold. I lifted to slam her down but she didn't budge as she grabbed my arm, ready to dislocate it.