Bleed Me

Luisa

We were suffering the aftermaths of the burnt Alpha Station as morning hit and word had gotten around the Illian had cause our fate. People questioned what I would do with him as the Commander and I knew exactly what.

I walked down the hallways of what was left of the ship and reached the point where citizens had crowded the medical room. "Move." They did so for Octavia, who was still getting treated, to open it.

"You can't kill him," Kane pleaded. "Yes, I can," I said. I eyed Miller to shock lash him and he seized, falling onto the floor. "Bring Illian outside." The guards followed their orders and the citizens pursued the destroyer.

"What's his sentence, heda?" Octavia asked as Lincoln helped her put on her jacket. "Nothing will be enough to make him feel our pain," I answered. "But he will die today."

When she had finished, the two accompanied me outside where the mob had tied him to a quickly made stake. In Raven's eyes, I could see she wanted him to pay for the price.

"We're here to save the human race," Luna whispered to me. "We're supposed to save everyone." "There's no one else to save," I told her. "He's discarded that." I approached the Trishanakru warrior and paced around him. "Why did you do it?"

"Skaikru brought technology which brought ALIE and the City of Light," he said. "She made me kill my family." "So you decide to kill us all," I stated. "I didn't know about Praimfaya," he justified.

"But the ship was our home, the technology we use to help us survive," I raised my voice. "You wouldn't like it if we destroyed your clan, correct?" He murmured an agreeing response. "Did you ever hold yourself accountable for being weak and taking the chip? You sought peace and that there was no pain in the City of Light. How gullible."

"I'm sorry," he said quietly, with a tear stripping his cheek. "You're sorry for ending the human race!" I yelled. "What about the other plan?" Luna spoke up. "Spare him and I'll bleed. The freikdreina claims that there's a way we can do it... on your mother's island."

I had a minor flashback to Becca working in the laboratory and I saw technology and radiation chamber. "She just saved your life," I said to Illian. "Sinclair, Raven, Emori, Abby, take a team, we're going to the island."

"And what if it doesn't work?" Jaha questioned. "What is the next plan? You know the solution that could save us. I don't know if it's real but Becca and Cado-" Before he could finish, my sword was pulled and the blade slit Illian's throat.

"I told you not to say his name again," I spoke. "His blood is on your hands, Jaha. Blood has had blood." The citizens felt some kind of rejoice but it didn't satiate that they were going to die soon.

"When do we leave?" I asked, putting my sword away. "We're going in thirty," Raven replied. As I was going to the hangar, I met my father's eyes in the distance and turned to Octavia.

"Clarke and Roan are coming with me so that leaves you to be second in command in Polis," I told him. "You can count on me," she said. "And trust me, I won't start a war."

I smirked walking into the hangar and piled into the front seat of the rover where Miller was driving and Emori, Murphy, and a few others were in the back and the other rover was packed. Miller pressed on the gas and we embarked on our journey through the trees.

It was a quiet ride until Murphy and Emori started talking about their chance of survival. I knew that even though they didn't like us, they wanted to be on the list. Things went neutral and I laid my head back to close my eyes.

"You shouldn't have injected yourself with that," a voice said. "You'll give the child a birth defect." "We'll be able to withstand any radiation that the AI gives," Becca said.