A Rose Among Us

Anastasia Steele
I am writing a new book and am in the middle of a hot sex scene when someone knows loudly on my door. I hate when that happens. I get up and answer the door and it is a flower delivery guy. He asks if I am Kate Kavanagh, I tell him no and I had no idea who she was. Apparently someone gave him the wrong address, so he had to call and get the right address. His phone died and he needed to use mine, okay this is not happening again. I explain that the security desk has a phone and he can use that one and shut the door and locks it quickly. I call the front desk and they assure me there is a new neighbor by the name of Kate Kavanagh and he definitely got the wrong number. He place in two floors below me, mine is on the top floor of our building.  I go out into my greenhouse garden and look at my flowers and vegetables. This calms me down when I am faced with a trigger of what happened to me last year. They haven't caught the guy yet. I wished I could afford an apartment in Escala, but alas I am not that lucky and my books don't sell like hotcakes. I have started reading up on how to write hot steamy sex scenes and being a virgin that is hard to do. At 18 I made enough to but this place and a gun and learn how to defend myself against attackers like the guy who got away. He was scared off after really hurting me and leaving me naked and fighting for my life in the corridor of  the building where I had my last apartment. He is still out there. Investigators have three suspects in mind and  he had gloves on and they didn't have any physical evidence to get an ID on him. The mail that I received had no DNA or fingerprints either. Today I forgot to bring my gun with me to the door. I was so busy concentrating I forgot the phone and the gun. I spend an hour in the garden and head back inside to write my scenes.
Kate Kavanagh
A knock on my door startles me as I am unpacking my kitchen stuff. I have no idea why I bought pots and pans, when I don't know how to cook at all. I head to the door and a flower delivery guy is standing holding the flowers my mom and dad had sent to me as a welcome to my new apartment they bought for me. I wanted the penthouse apartment, but it was owned by someone else and they refused our generous offer of twice the purchase price. Dad said it was now worth four times what she paid for it. So she would take a hit. She also explained to our realtor that she knew the value was now four times the amount she paid for it and double was insulting her. She asked them to leave. Dad said his sources say she is a writer and very young. That's about all the information he had about her.
Eamon Kavanagh
Kate was very unhappy and I wanted to get her the penthouse apartment so I made the huge mistake of trying to buy the place for the owner. I was stunned to see what looked like a kid answer the door wearing a gun in a holster and her phone in her hand ready to call 911. She kept the chain on and asked who I was and what I wanted and I explained that I was offering her twice the amount for her apartment. She laughed and said it was worth four times her purchase price and still increasing in value as we were speaking. She said she was busy and thanked me for the offer, but no thank you. We had to buy Kate a lesser apartment before it went up in price the next week. Our realtor gave us three other choices one is two floors down from the penthouse and the other is on the ground floor here. The other is in Escala and ten times the amount as this apartment. I didn't mention that to Kate, she would demand a place there shut for the fact whiz kid Christian Grey just moved into his penthouse apartment he bought before it they even broke dirt there. He made a killing buying before they started building. He owns half the building at this point. He owns half the parking as well. She wants to marry him and he wants nothing from her. She tries and is friends with his sister Mia, but Mia tells her to back off of Christian. Apparently he won't date any of her friends. He definitely dates though. The women he turns down is amazing. Super models throw themselves at him and he is not interested. He has a few ladies that he dates regularly but nothing serious. Some were just business associates of his or his family. Enid says that Grace likes the most recent lady he brought for dinner of all things. He has never did that.
Christian
Listen Debra, my mom likes you, but don't think this is anything more than friends with benefits am I clear on that?
Debra
Yes, very clear so when is the benefits starting tonight? I drop my robe and laugh.
Christian
Well I don't know you tell me. I walk towards her and admire her breast and look down from there at my favorite spot. I drop my pajamas and pull her to me and pick her up and wrap her legs around me and push her against the wall and we spend the next tens hours enjoying every part of each other bodies.
Debra
I could get used to friends with benefits regularly,the only problem is being able to walk afterward.