|05|

🦋Y/N🦋

After many food stops and bathroom breaks, we finally made it to the NOLA. I pulled into the driveway of our family home and I turned the car off. "We here y'all." I said getting out of the car putting the key fob in my pocket. I open the door to wake Kai up. "Kai, honey wake up." I said shaking him lightly. Once he woke up he took off his seat belt and got out of the car seat.

After getting him out I walked to the hatchback and opening it to get out our luggage. "We'll get rested up then will go to the aquarium around 2 o'clock." Alayah said getting her bags as well. "We can leave out early 'cause I really want a poboy from Zimmer's," I said getting my duffel bag. "Y'all didn't have enough of that when y'all was younger?" asked Mama getting her bags as well. "We couldn't get daiquiris back then." I said laughing. "Right." Laughed Alayah as the four of us walked to the front door and wait for mom to unlock it.

We walked inside and the warm feeling washed over me. "I miss it here." I said walking into the foyer. "Oh really, cause when we first moved down here you hated it." Mama said, putting the keys on the table. I looked at Alayah with a grin. "That's when y'all weren't here. When y'all were gone, we were having fun." I high-fived her.

"You remember when you snuck Micheal in the house." She laughed. I nodded. "And Mama was on her way home, so we had to sneak him out again."

"What the hell? When did this happen?" My eyes widen, remembering we had caught it on video. "Layah recorded it, and I hid the tape." I laughed again, but Mama just stared at me. "I'm gonna beat your ass, Y/N. I see y'all like to hide stuff from me." She whispered, but I was already heading up the stairs. I hid the cd at the top of my closet in a box underneath my stuffed animals. I threw Kai's duffle on my bed and went to the closet and grabbed the box titled "Memories"

I smile and grabbed it. I sat on the bed. Inside the box were pictures of me growing up. Some were old tapes of songs that friends made. The rest were pictures from my high school years. I had friends in Shreveport, but not as many as I did here. I wasn't popular, but I hung out with the funniest and smartest people that went to our high school. Even looking at them now, I wonder what everyone was doing.

I took the cd out of the box I placed the box on the bed then walked out the door and downstairs to mom and Alayah.

"Momma, we still have that DVD player?" I asked walking into the kitchen where she was giving Kai a bowl of fruit. "Yeah, it should still be on the shelf in the storage room." She said while eating a grape. "Okay.'' I turned and walked out of the kitchen and outside. Opening the door there it was right front and center, I grabbed it and ran back into the house with a grin on my face. "I have it y'all!" I yelled as I went into the living room. I put the tape on the coffee table so I could hook the DVD player up to the tv as Mom, Layah, and Kai all walked in and sat down on the couch.

"So when did all this go down?" asked Mama as I put the cd in. "Umm, that night you and daddy went to that office Christmas party." answered Alayah. "You sneaky dirty hoes. Right before Christmas?" "Yeah."I said walking over to the couch chair laughing. "Oh let's not forget that nosy neighbor that told everything almost saw him leaving out the front door ." She said rolling her eyes. "She told everything, couldn't even have fun in peace." I said as the video started.

~~~~~~~~~~

After finishing the video and taking a nap, it was finally time to go out and have some fun. After getting Kai dressed and doing his hair, I went back to my room to get ready. Once I was done taking a shower, I brushed my teeth, then did some light makeup. I decided to leave my hair down. Going back into my room with my robe still on I look through my suitcase for something to put on.