T H I R T Y T W O

🔴WARNING: mature scene ahead 🔴

PRECIOUS;

Draco gets ready and then we go for a horseback ride, like last night. His father is furious and we hurry out. Riding with him relaxes me a little, perhaps because we are far from his parents. We come back for lunch, and as he helps me dismount, we both fall because he's off balance, and I laugh because it starts to tickle me. For a few seconds I feel I don't any problems, then I notice his mom watching us from the window, and I stop him and blush. He helps me get up, we go back into the house, and I try to mentally prepare for lunch with his parents. As we sit at the table, the tension in the room is so thick I could cut it with a knife, and I feel guilty eating anything under his father's reprimanding and hostile eyes. Lucius nervously drops his fork on the table.

"I've never eaten with mudbloods before"
he says, angry
"And I'm not about to start now."

I knew it would be a bad idea to stick around.

"Dad, please..."
Draco tries to say something, but Lucius interrupts him

"Draco, she is not like us and will never be worthy of being with you."

I take a deep breath and try not to get upset. I'm not going to stick around and be insulted for another second.

"Obviously you will never accept someone like me in your home ..."
I look at both of them
"Far be it from me to ask that of you."

I stand up.

"But I love your son"
I say with shiny eyes
"And if that's not enough, I don't know what is."

I thank them for the food and go to Draco's room to get my things. Unfortunately, nervousness makes me cry and often I can't hold back the tears, especially when something is particularly close to my heart. When it comes to Draco, I'm unable to think straight. I feel the door slowly open as I finish packing my things into my backpack. Draco packs his things as well, then he takes me by the hand and we walk out without saying a word. As I get into the car, he greets his mother, but Lucius is nowhere to be seen, then Draco gets in the driver's seat and drives off. We drive back to Hogsmeade without saying anything, he parks and then we go to Hogwarts, to his room. I take off my shoes and lay on the bed and he comes and hugs me.

"Sorry if-"

He interrupts me with a kiss, then I lay my head on his chest as he picks up the book that's on his nightstand. He reads while stroking my back, and even though I haven't done anything, I feel very tired and close my eyes because I want to rest a little. After a while I wake up, hearing the words of Draco, who I listen to and pretend to continue to sleep.

"I'm not good with words..."
he whispers
"But even though you're asleep and can't hear me, I just wanted to tell you how precious you are to me..."

I don't know if he knows I'm awake or if he's hoping I didn't hear what he just said, so I stay with my eyes closed for a few more minutes, then I get up and caress his face, leaving a kiss on his cheek. I grab the potion book to study a bit, and Draco helps me. I wonder if he ever thought about being a professor because he's definitely good. We spend the evening studying and then we go to dinner. Professor Lupin asks me why we are back already and I explain everything to him. Unfortunately, he knows Lucius Malfoy very well and he's not surprised at the treatment he gave me, in fact, he's surprised Lucius didn't treat me worse. On this Saturday, Hogwarts is almost deserted and so we have a moment of peace from all the students who have been speaking ill of us. I sit down in front of Draco, who isn't too hungry.

"Why you used to eat nothing?"
I ask him, referring to the time I met him.

He looks at me seriously and I pat his hand