T W E N T Y O N E

|WARNING: Chapter strongly inspired by the dance scene from the film "Enchanted". For a better immersion, listen to the song "So Close" by Jon McLaughlin. Enjoy|

CHRISTMAS;

24th December

After that night in the Great Hall, I never wanted to see Draco again. I asked Dumbledore to get another tutor and told him that I couldn't get along with Draco, though I tried. With a bit of reluctance, he agreed and now there's a girl to replace him. I think her name is Daphne... I don't remember, we never talk. I've tried asking her for some explanations, but she doesn't teach well and I've always ended up managing on my own. I haven't seen Draco in almost twenty days or so... Every time I see a blond head of hair, I do everything I can to avoid it or change direction. As much as I try to feel at ease with Oliver, sometimes it's almost impossible... when he talks to me, all I think about is Draco and often I end up even responding a bit nastily, even though I know very well Oliver doesn't deserve it. Hermione suggested that we get ready for the dance together... I'm doing her makeup and she'll do my hair later. She's thrilled with the simple makeup I did on her, using the same colour as her dress. I didn't want to create something too extra, because she has a face that looks good with easy makeup-look... I create something more elaborated on myself. Hermione straightens my hair and I'm almost ready.

She helps me with the zipper of the dress

"You look great..."
she smiles at me

"So do you, really"

She's a beautiful girl, inside and out

"Are you nervous about the dance with Draco?"

"Do you think he'll like me?"

She looks at me confused and I realize I asked the question out loud.

"I mean... Oliver"
I smile, playing dumb

She seems reassured

"Sure, he always likes you, even more so tonight!"

Yeah... that's the problem. Oliver really likes me and I'm thinking about what it will be like to dance with Draco. I've been trying to stay away from him to get him out of my head, but the truth is that he's all I think about, even though he's light years away from the perfect guy for me. Ron is already waiting for Hermione and I tell her to go without waiting for me so she can be alone with him for a while without me being the third wheel. I put on my red lipstick and then my shoes and stop obsessively in front of the mirror in search of perfection. I'm wearing a dark green sleeveless silk dress with a balloon skirt, body in lace embroidered. I walk down the stairs to the Great Hall and Oliver looks at me, beaming.

"Wow..."
he has a huge smile on his face.

He gives me a quick kiss, worried about ruining my lipstick, and then we walk hand in hand into the Great Hall and join the other guys. All the students from the other two schools are already there, but I want to see if Draco is there yet and if he's seen me. Silente greets us and asks the couples who have to represent the houses of Hogwarts to get into position, along with the representative couples from the other schools. Oliver is nervous about the fact that I have to dance with Draco, but I'm a hundred times more nervous than he is. I get up from the table we're sitting at and he kisses me, then hugs me.

"See you..."
he says to me and I nod smiling at him.

I walk with my head down, I follow Hermione and Ron to the entrance of the Great Hall and get in line with the other boys. Slytherin are the last and I don't dare look up as I wait for Draco. I hear footsteps approaching me and I see his legs, covered in elegant black trousers, standing next to me. I can't look at him, I don't want to. He's holding the red rose we have to bring in front of the professors. I'm sure it would have made more sense to take a rose the color of our house, but Dumbledore wanted red, so... I hear the music start, but it's not the same one I've been practising on... it's a song I've never heard before.