CH.36:Escape

"Get up lazy!" I heard Sasha yell. I was being shook awake. I opened my eyes slowly and let out a small exhausted groan and roll back over onto my side. "Come on! You've slept like a bear for a whole day!" She whines.

I sit up slowly. "A day?" I ask, rubbing my crusty eyes.

"Yes! Now get up. Dinner will be ready soon." Sasha says walking ou the door. I exhale firmly and swing my legs over the side of the bed. I get up onto my feet and take the clothes that were at the end of my bed to put them on.

(The outfit Ezlyn's Wearing

(The outfit Ezlyn's Wearing.)

I finish putting my clothes on and grab the brush that was sitting on the dressing table. The bristles of the brush swiftly glide their way through my hair, occasionally hitting a knot.

I finish my hair then walk out into the kitchen to see Eren and Historia talking.

"Well, I think I like you better this way. You always used to seem ike you were putting on an act. It was so unnatural, it always creeped me out." Eren says to a gaping Historia. Her expression falls into a sad look.

I start peeling some potatoes to help out with dinner. "I see." Historia mutters softly.

"But now you're acting a lot more natural. Honest to a fault, but completely normal. Anyway, you have plenty of time to think about Ymir. I'm still thinking about her too. And, I bet Ezlyn is too." He turns to me and Historia looks at me with a sad look.

Then Eren flinches. "Wait, wasn't that..."

"Hanji and the others are here! Everyone to the main room!" Sasha shouts from the next room. I put the potato and knife down on the table and walk down the corridor to the main room with Historia and Eren close behind.

I walk in and everyone was there. There was a free seat next to Levi so I went and sat down on it.

"I have bad news." Hanji starts, with a grim look. "Pastor Nick has been killed."

"Huh? Come again?" Levi asks firmly.

"Pastor Nick is dead. He's been murdered. This morning, in the Trost District barracks." Hanji repeats. No way! But why?!

She sat down in the red arm-chair. "I went there this morning to check on him with Moblit, but when I arrived Millitary Police were outside his door. I got a small glimpse of the crime scene and saw Nick lying there, dead as a doorknob." She explains. I listen closely, looking for any clues that haven't been found yet.

"The strange thing was that the Military Police that were there, were Interior Police that only reside in the inner Wall Sheena. Why were they inspecting a little murder that occurs every day? I knew the Church would have it in for Nick after he agreed to help us. That's why I put him in the barracks with a fake identity. I never expected them to send soldiers to execute him. I was too careless. It's entirely my fault." Hanji sighs, clutching the edges of the velvet armchair.