CH.35: New Grounds

I stand at the edge of water. Salty water. I gaze out into the distance, tears pooling my eyes. The waves were crashing onto the sand heavily. The suns beams making the sand warm to walk on.

"Armin was right, there was an ocean beyond the walls. And I've made it, Marco..."

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I sit the last crate on the table in the main room with a sigh of relief. I wipe the sweat off my forehead and walk back out to the cart to get more crates.

Eren, Armin, Mikasa, Jean, Sasha, Connie, Historia and I were chosen for the new Levi Squad, also known as the Special Operations Squad. We were ordered to move to a farm in the middle of nowhere so Hange could conduct experiments on Eren and I without scaring civilians. There was another reason but we weren't informed of it. But I guessed it had something to do with protecting Eren, Historia and I because of the last incident. Historia's remaining family is her father, Lord Reiss. Later on tonight she's going to explain her life story to us so there are no secrets because we need to know why she hid her identity with a fake one.

I lift up another crate that had potatoes in them. Sasha and Armin were helping Jean and I since they felt bad but I'm having doubts about Sasha feeling bad.

"Just try swipe some of this food, Sasha. I'll have Captain Levi turn you into mincemeat if you do." Jean warns her. We walk back into the cottage.

"I won't! Unless..." Sasha trails off as if she was getting ideas.

"Hey! Did you guys clean your shoes before you came in?" Eren asks/shouts. He was on cleaning duty, so he had to make the place as clean as Levi's standards, which is almost impossible to get.

"What?" Jean asks him.

"Huh?!" Eren shouts.

"No way. How could we clean our shoes while carrying all this?" I remark, sitting the crate down on the table.

"What do you think Captain Levi would have to say about that attitude?" Eren sneers. He turns to Jean. "And you. If I hadn't tucked in your sheets this morning..."

"Would you give it a rest? Who are you, my mum!?" Jean shouts at him. Mikasa and Historia come in the door holding piles of wood and Mikasa holding an axe.

"We're back." Mikasa says nonchalantly.

"Wait, why were you chopping firewood?" Armin asks getting worried.

"I don't want to get rusty." She reply's.

"You were injured by a Titan! You should still be in bed." He continues. While we were trying to get Eren back from Reiner and Bertholdt, she went to kill Bertholdt but got her ribs crushed in the hand of a Titan. But luckily Jean saved her.

"I told her not to do it, but she insisted." Eren sighs as Mikasa goes to put the firewood somewhere safe. "She was even doing sit-ups earlier!"

Jean gasps. "You were peeping on her, you scoundrel?"

"Huh?" Eren pants.

"Mikasa, you're not a wild animal!" Armin runs by me after Mikasa.

"What part of that sounded like peeping to you!?" Eren shouts back at Jean.

I start walking over to Historia so I could help her with the logs. "Here, I'll take them." I smile. She just looks and hands the logs to me.

"Thanks." She reply's in a flat voice unlike her old bubbley self. Must've been hard for her to deal with Ymir leaving.