CH.23: Counter Attack

My ears rung. My head hurt.

I opened my eyes to be greeted by a bright light. I wince and roll over onto my side. Two figures sat on a couch next to the bed I was laying on, both of them covered in blankets. Levi and Hanji sat there, both bundled up in blankets.

Levi's eyes were red and puffy and Hanji had bags under her eyes.

I sit up and rub my eyes. I was in a white room with first aid sign on the wall. The infirmary. A nurse walks through the doors.

"Ah, I see your-" The nurse pauses and stares at me. "Ezlyn?" She asks me, raising her hands over her mouth. The figure was familiar but I couldn't remember who she was.

"Sorry, but who are you?" I ask her. She runs up to me and her arms drape around me. "Woah, I don't understand."

"You seriously don't remember me?" The Lady asks me. She let's go and looks into my eyes. "It's me, Calistro."

I sat there wide-eyed, stunned. "C-Cali?" I stutter, my hand slowly goes up to my mouth.

"Yes, it's me." She whimpers. Her arms wrap around my frame again and she starts sobbing into my shoulder.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Hanji get up. She gasps and starts shaking Levi. "Levi, Ezlyns awake, get up!"

"Tch, what is it four-" He stops and stares at me blankly. I look at him and his eyes seem sad. "Do you know this Lady?" He asks me.

"Yessir, I do. I knew her when I was little. But I never knew she joined the Survey Corps." I reply. I run my fingers through Calistros sandy blonde hair. It was soft and silky like it used to be.

Calistro lets me go and sits down on the bed opposite of mine. She wipes her eyes and looks over too the Captain and Section Commander. "Sir, Ma'am. She's seems well enough to leave. She just had a minor concussion from that fall she had, but she seems to have healed well."

"Thank you, Private Aldine. We shall leave soon." Hanji replys to her.

"Wait, how did I even manage to get an concussion?!" I question. Levi sighs and looks over at me.

"After you got Eren out of the Female Titans mouth you landed on a branch, Mikasa offered to take Eren but you said it was fine then, you fell unconsious from the over use of your abilitys and fell out the tree. Eren was caught by Mikasa and I was a bit to late and you hit the ground. Your neck snapped and I thought you died. But thanks to your Titan abilitys you survived. That's how you got here." He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"My neck..." I raise my hand to my neck. "Snapped." I shiver at the thought of my neck being broken at one point.

"Yes, it did. It was bent at an ninety-degree angle! It was quite fasinating actually, because as you healed, your neck would slowly go back into place!" Hanji squeals. She goes to continue but Levi smacks the back of her head.

"I don't think she wants to know about how her neck broke." He bleats. He then looks over to me. "We have a meeting to attend. Let's go." He says standing up.

"Meeting? About what?" I ask as I stand up. He looks over at Calistro and whispers in my ear.

"The Identity of the Female Titan has possibly been uncovered." He whispers into my ear. My eyes widen and my head snaps round to face him. He nods and I sigh.

I look over to Calistro who's sitting on the bed, swinging her legs back and forth. "I'll catch up with you soon. This meeting is really important." I say, standing up.

"Oh... Okay then. I'll see you later." She smiles. I smile softly back and turn around to follow Levi and Hanji out the door.

I had a strange sensation on the back of my head. As if I was being stared at as I left. Calistro's stare was burning itself into the back of my head like a flame. I quickly closed the door as fast as I could and we walked down the corridor to this unknown location.