Part 24

Izuku POV

I walked into the hospital room Kacchan was staying in. He's been asleep for three days now. I visit him everyday after school. UA isn't the same without him.

Aunty Mitsuki was asleep on the chair in the corner since it was the most comfortable. She's been here every day too, beside herself with worry. I'm assuming Uncle Masaru went to work. I sat down in the seat next to Kacchans bed and ate my tray of gross hospital food.

I didn't pull out my phone or anything. I just listened to the beeping of the heart monitor, counting each beep in silence. It was slow, but stable. I have no clue what they did to him there...

I tried to use my new quirk to see if I could see something a little bit more accurate to real life rather than an entire different outcome to know what the League did to him. I guess since, deep down, I didn't really want to know what happened to him, my brain subconsciously didn't show me.

I heard a phone ring and Auntie starts to wake up. "Oh- Izuku? I didn't think you'd still be here. What time is it?"

"Around 8:30." I answered.

"Crap. I have work to do, how long are you staying?" She got up and started collecting her things.

"A little while longer."

"Are you okay taking the bus home?"

"Yeah, I'll be okay."

"Alright, well call me or your mom if you need anything, okay?" I nodded. She came over, kissed my head and clutched Kacchans hand, looking at him for a minute, before walking out of the room. I turned a bit to look at Kacchan. I stared at him for who knows how long. A tear fell down my cheek, causing me to snap back to reality and look down at my tray again.

I barely ate. My mind just wouldn't get clear. I couldn't stop worrying about him. My mind flashed back to one of the last times we were on the couch together. I told him he didn't have to worry about me anymore. Oh how the tables have turned I guess.

I finished my food and eventually fell asleep to the rhythmic beeping of the machine. I'm not sure how long passed, but I woke up to shuffling and mumbles next to me. I looked up to see Kacchans eyes fluttering slightly.

"Kacchan? Kacchan are you awake?" I asked softly, getting up from my chair and kneeling next to the bed.

"Nrg... Deku?" He said, slowly stirring awake. Trying to get up. I pushed him back down carefully.

"Yeah, yeah it's me. Thank gods your awake..."

"What happened?"

"A lot... a lot happened- you got... really badly hurt. You scared the crap outta me. I'll tell you more later. I'm gonna go get a doctor and call your mom. K'?" I rubbed his cheek, kissed him, and started to walk out. He grabbed my wrist and and pulled me back, to make me sit on the bed.

"Um- can we talk?" He asks.

"Kacchan I really need to get a doctor."

"Just, wait. I... I don't think we should be...together anymore."

"What?" I was stunned. "W-Why? Why here? Why now?"

"I just-"

"No... this can't be happening..." I felt myself start to tear up, so I needed to end the conversation. "I need to get a doctor. Tell them your awake."

"Deku..."

"No... um- I'm going." I left before he could protest again. I closed the door and leaned against the wall next to it. My hands were shaking as I tried to steady my breathing. I finally calmed down and went to go find a doctor. Once I got one, he went to the room and I went to the hall again to call Auntie.