Sariel x reincarnated reader

Start from the beginning

Over the next few months, Sariel gradually withdrew more and more from the two other Archangels left in the group, spending time alone either training or even walking by himself to visit your grave. One time, when he got to where your grave was, he saw Tarmiel, setting down a bouquet of roses on the new grass in front of the grave before he would sit and hum to himself. When Sariel joined him, the three headed Archangel spoke. "You know, I think she would want you to move on and be happy, not stay in the past." he was rewarded with a glare as he hugged his friend tightly. "I know how you feel, I've lost friends, but someone you love is different, and I can respect that. So if it was always hard for me to move on, then I can only imagine how much worse it is for you to lose someone you've loved for so long." he said, smiling when the shorter male thanked him as tears continued to stream down his face.

One day, Sariel was called alone to report to the Supreme Deity's Palace, gladly doing so to accept another mission from her. However, he was surprised to see that she didn't want to give him another mission this time. "Sariel, please, have a seat won't you?" she asked, warmly welcoming him into the room. He nodded and then sat down, building up the courage to ask the burning question in the room. "If you don't mind my asking, your Majesty, why did you call me here?" he asked, confused as to why he was here in the first place if not to receive a mission. The woman laughed before she leaned down and patted his head with her finger. "I was told By Ludociel that you've been rather distant for the past month or so. And I personally would like to make sure that you're ok." she said, concern lacing her voice as she spoke. The male looked down as he spoke. "I lost the only woman I've ever loved about a month ago today." he said, causing her to sigh softly before she spoke once again. "Do tell me, what was her name?" she asked, an idea popping into her mind. He looked up at her as he spoke. "(Y/N) (L/N)." he responded, causing her to nod softly before speaking once again. "Well then, if you ever want to talk about this, then either go to the other two or to me, alright?" she asked, causing the male to nod before being dismissed to go back to the base in the Fairy King's Forest. Meanwhile, the Supreme Deity took your soul and then put a spell of reincarnation on it so that you would be reincarnated and as a high ranking goddess and regain your memories after you saw your grave of your past body.

Years passed, and Sariel finally managed to move on after your death with the help of Tarmiel and Ludociel. One day, when he was walking through the Fairy King's Forest to get to the Light of Grace to choose his team of goddesses, he bumped into one of the upper rank generals. Before he opened his mouth to speak, he saw your (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes and went silent. "Apologies, sir Sariel, for bumping into you. Forgive me." you said, bowing politely and then walking off to get to the Celestial Realm's flight zone, where you could take off to get back home. However, Sariel caught you by the back of your cape. You looked back in confusion as he spoke. "I do have to ask, what's your name?" he asked, hoping his hunch was right. You smiled as you spoke. "Oh, my name is (Y/N). Well, General (Y/N), sorry." you beamed, causing the male's eyes to widen as you bid him good luck on his next mission and then ran to the launch zone. He wasn't shocked by your looks and name, but your scent. Once a goddess falls for someone, their scent is branded into their memory, like an imprint of sorts. Once Sariel got back to the Light of Grace, he found out from Tarmiel that they would also be getting paired up with generals of their choice, one per Archangel. And of course, he would have to wait two days in order to meet all of them.

Two days later, he went back to the Light of Grace and saw that you were one of the generals that was being paired with them if chosen. You were the highest ranked general in your group, so it was likely that Ludociel would choose you to be in his group. However, Sariel got to go first, and immediately chose you to be in his group. You smiled and walked over to him before the other two chose their generals and then were assigned their soldiers.

After a while, Sariel finally opened up to you about himself, telling you about where he liked to go and what he liked to do. One day, as the two of you were walking past your former body's grave, you looked over and saw the tombstone as flashbacks of your previous life came to you. You clutched your head and rubbed your temples as the headache that came with getting those memories took effect. You hissed in pain as Sariel let you lean on him for support. He then told you to rest, but you held up your hand, stopping him. You then looked at him with a smile, motioning for him to follow you.

Once you got to where you wanted to go, you landed at a ruins site that the two of you visited a lot as well, sitting down next to him as he spoke. "Are you ok, why are you taking me to this place and how do you know about this place for that matter?" he asked. You gave him a smile, putting a hand on his head as his eyes widened. "Because I wanted to visit it for old times sake. You remember when we used to visit this place more than the tree that you buried me under when I died, don't you?" you asked, causing tears to start slipping down his cheeks as he spoke. "Wait, then that means that you're my (Y/N), doesn't it?" he asked, a smile on his face as you nodded your head yes. "I remember everything." you said, giggling as his face turned bright red. You then pulled him into a hug as you buried your face in his hair, breathing in his scent. "You smell like apples, I like it." you said, smiling when you saw his face turn red once more as he hugged you back. He then pulled away and leaned in before placing his lips against yours. It was your turn to blush as he laughed. "I promise, this time I'm never going to let you go again, (Y/N)." he said, his golden yellow eyes locking with yours. You nodded before wrapping your arms around him once more, knowing that, no matter what, you would stay by his side as long as you could.