Reunited

There was a knock on my door early the next morning. I didn’t know the exact time, but I’d guess it was close to 5am. I was used to sleeping until at least 7am, again, this is an estimation. I blinked several times and yawned as I sat up. The warm blankets fell around my waist as I threw my legs over the side of the bed. There was another knock.

“I’m coming!” I muttered as my feet hit the icy floor and I made my way to the door. It wasn’t like I could lock it… so I was curious as to why someone was knocking on my door in the first place.

When I reached the door I opened it, about two inches, and John stood in the hall with a black bag in one hand. I wondered what was in the bag, but I stayed silent and waited for him to speak.

“Louis is going to be visiting today,” John said gruffly. I nodded my head. I already knew that. I had a hard time falling asleep last night because I was so anxious about the visit.

“Max thought you might like some new clothes to wear…he wanted you to look nice.” So that’s what was in the bag.

“Thanks, that’s…nice of him,” I muttered as I took the bag from John. John just shook his head as he shut the door behind me once I’d accepted the bag. I swore I heard him say something under his breath, but I couldn’t make out what. I had mixed feelings about receiving gifts from Max. I wondered what these would cost me… nothing Max did was from the kindness of his heart. In fact, I was pretty sure Max was heartless.

I opened the bag and was surprised to find a grey wool sweater, a pair of blue jeans, a few band shirts (The Beatles, The Who, Bon Jovi), and two pairs of shoes. The first pair were white high tops, and the second where black Nike tennis shoes. I ran my hand down the soft material of the sweater. It felt warm. I shivered as I undressed and didn’t hesitate to slip the grey sweater on. I was right, it was warm.

I then slipped on a clear pair of socks and pulled the jeans on. They were a little lose in the waist, but overall they fit well. I decided to pair it with my high tops. I wanted to look presentable. I don’t know why I felt so nervous about seeing Lou… but I had butterflies in my stomach. I tried to shake it off as I continued to get ready.

Time seemed to drag on lay on my bed and waited. I couldn’t go anywhere until someone was sent to get me. It was frustrating because I was desperate to see Louis. I had waited for so long... and now I finally would get to see him. My lips turned up into a small smile at the thought of being reunited with my mate. I just had to make it through breakfast with Max.

I closed my eyes and let my mind wander. Parts of conversations between my captor and me drifted through my head…

 “You’re here for my entertainment… eventually you’ll even learn to like spending time with us...”

I shivered as the words replayed in my head. How could The Wanted possibly think that Lou and I would ever enjoy spending time with them? He had to be insane. It was the only logical explanation. I wanted to talk to Lou about everything. He’d be able to help me come up with a plan. Together we stood a damn chance at escaping before Max drove us both insane. I bit my lip as my stomach growled.

Finally my door opened and Max greeted me with a cheery smile.

My eyes widened in surprise and I immediately tensed up. John usually was the one who took me to breakfast.

“What’s the long face for? Not happy to see me?” Max chuckled.

“Not exactly,” I grimaced as I stepped into the hall.

“Well isn’t that just too bad. I told you yesterday that we had a few rules to go over,” he said dryly.

“I know, I remember what you said,” I muttered glumly as we walked down the hall.