Head Games

It’s been a little over a week, at least I think that’s how long it’s been, since I’ve been locked in this room. It’s not like I had any way to tell time, but I created a system to help keep me somewhat time orientated. I get two meals a day.  One in the mid-morning, or what feels like morning to me, and then a second one several hours later. I estimate the days based on the frequency of the meals. From this I drew the conclusion that it’s been a week.

The food I received wasn’t bad, surprisingly. I was thankful that whoever had kidnapped me didn’t want me to starve. Out of all the members of my band, I was always the one snacking on whatever I could get my hands on. My captor, or captors as the man had hinted at earlier, had my food prepared by a chef, at least that’s what I assume. A damn good one at that. Yesterday I had steak and steamed vegetables. I think that whoever kidnapped me knew me well enough to know that I wouldn’t last long on sandwiches and prepackaged meals. I had such a fast metabolism that I could eat a whole cow and not gain a single pound. Again, I was thankful that I had good food, but that was the only good thing in my life right now.

I had been untied from the chair sometime when I was asleep, so I could now wander around in the darkness. It was a rather large room, bigger that you would expect. The room was completely empty, besides a small bathroom that was dimly lit, and it was freezing cold. Thank God I had put on a jacket when Lou and I had left that morning…

After walking around in the darkness for several minutes I had discovered where the staircase was, where the man had entered, and where the door was. The door itself was completely made of metal, steel I’d guess, and I couldn’t even put a dent in it. I’d tried by hitting the chair against it. I tried this for several hours, but I gave up after that. The door wasn’t going to budge. The only way I could escape was if someone opened the door from the outside.

Escaping was a thought that drove my every move. I had to get back to my mates, to my family, and to life. It was all I could think about. I wanted to laugh at stupid jokes with my mates, to call my family and check on Theo, to feel the familiar weight of my guitar against my body as I rehearsed songs from FOUR. I missed people. I was going to go crazy from the lack of human contact alone. Isolation was almost more painful than my injuries from the car accident.

I’m pretty sure that the reason my head hurt was because I had a concussion. My vision wasn’t blurry anymore, but I still had frequent dizzy spells and a constant headache. I was sore from sleeping on the cold cement floor that constituted as my bed. It didn’t help that I hadn’t showered in a week, and that my clothes where stained with blood… I didn’t even know whose, and that made me sick.

I slept a lot. I’d stretch and do a few workouts, pushups and such, eat, and then sleep. I really didn’t have anything else to do in that room.

I was just about asleep when I heard the metal door inch open. I kept my eyes closed and ignored it. It was probably just another meal, and I could eat later if I wanted to. Right now I wanted to sleep.

I was surprised when I heard footsteps creak down the stairs and make their way over to where I was laying. I quickly sat up, now wide awake and fully alert.

“Have a nice nap?” a new voice asked mockingly. I don’t think he expect me to answer because he continued before I could respond. “He’s coming to see you today, so do your best to look presentable.”

“He?” I managed to cough as the man grabbed me by the arm and pulled me to me feet roughly. I shivered at the brief contact of our skin. I hadn’t realized how cold I was until he’d touched me.

He responded by shoving me in front of him and pining my arms behind my back. I could tell that the man was taller than me, and by the grip he had on me he was quite strong. He was anticipating that I’d try escaping… did that mean we were leaving the room? I felt a jolt of hope as he guided me toward the staircase and the open door. I really was going to leave this horrible place!