Chapter 12

I've never been this ecstatic to wake up for school. My heart is filled with joy and excitement knowing I'll be seeing Aiden again today. He genuinely makes me so happy. I jumped out of bed and got ready. I was so happy today, my face was constantly grinning. My parents looked at me and thought I was weird because I am not a morning person.

I finally get to school and I feel like the odd one out. Everyone was miserable but I was the only one who seemed excited to be there. I was looking for Aiden in the hallways but I couldn't find him. Maybe he was late today. He usually isn't late which is quite weird but I end up messaging him. "Hey Aiden where are you?"

Class has started and Aiden isn't even here, where is he? This is so strange. He never misses school unless we both missed it together. I carry on with my day, hearing nothing from him all day. I'm so worried, imagine something happened to my baby. My mind starts thinking of crazy situations but I try to calm myself down as they're quite unrealistic situations.

I get home and ring him 100 times. He doesn't answer once. What the hell. I can't even think of an excuse to leave the house and go to his house to see what's wrong with him. Maybe he's ill or something, or maybe something bad happened.

I call him a few more times and the phone immediately goes to voicemail. Oh my gosh, why is he airing my calls. I have called so many times, does he not realise I'm getting so worried. He could just answer.

Out of anger I rush into bed and just end up falling asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night sweating. My bed was soaking wet. I was having a panic attack in my sleep. I feel my body and it feels both scorching hot and freezing cold, what is happening.

I ring Aiden again and he answers the phone.

"Hello, AIDEN, I have been calling you all day, where have you been, I've been so worried, Aiden please say something"

"Laila, Laila, calm down, don't worry, I wasn't feeling well so I slept through the whole day, I legit just woke up now"

For some reason I didn't believe him. His voice was shaky and I had a gut feeling he was lying to me but he didn't show it. I definitely think somethings wrong. Or maybe not and I'm just bugging out.

Me and Aiden proceed to stay on the call all night as I'm very worried and I just want his presence. I really want him here with me right now. So bad. I miss him, it's been only one day of not seeing him and I want him. This is the reality of having a boyfriend, always missing him even after not seeing them that same day.

We both fall asleep on the phone in the early hours of the day, it felt so good to fall asleep to his voice. Especially his night voice, it sounds even deeper. So damn sexy.

I wake up and rush to go meet Aiden at his house. I wanted to surprise him today and I end up outside his door. I knock a few times and a man I don't know answers, I think it's his dad.

"Oh, hi, I'm Laila is Aiden there. I'm his girlfriend by the way"

"Hi Laila I'm Adam, Aiden's dad, he hasn't told me about you, come in"

I walk inside the house and Aiden's sitting there looking quite upset. I look at him and give him a hug.

"What's wrong darling? Are you okay"

"Oh yh, don't worry I'm okay just had a long day yesterday, I was ill so I feel lazy right now"

Aiden hasn't told me about his dad before, in fact he hasn't even mentioned anything about him which is very weird. We sit there and have awkward exchanges with his dad. I really feel like leaving but he insists for me to stay. I just wanted to hug Aiden but that would be weird, right in front of his dad. I find it very strange how Aiden never mentions anything about his personal life. Is he hiding something from me or is he embarrassed or something? I quickly put those thoughts in my head away and just smile awkwardly whilst speaking.

Aiden bring me upstairs with him. We walk up the stairs and Aiden has the same worried look on his face. There's something up with him, but what could it be? He sits me down on the bed, with a not so happy frown on his face and says,

"Laila, there's something I have to tell you, it's not good news, I wish it was good news, I don't know how to say this but unfortunately..."