Chapter 7

"Laila you're amazing but are you sure, we have only known each-other for a little while, are you sure you're in love with me"

"Yes, who am I kidding, I would be lying to myself if I said I'm not in love"

"Oh okay"

It went from a romantic moment, to pure awkwardness. He didn't say it back, so he doesn't feel the same way. I felt hurt yet disappointed in myself for even thinking to utter those words to him. Those words should be said with thought, yet I just blurted it out. I do love him but it was too soon for me to say. I will probably put him off. In that moment I just wanted to be in my own room, crying and releasing my anger at Elena from Vampire Diaries (we all hate her). I wanted to be in my room but that would be impossible, my parents wouldn't even want to see my face let alone me going back there to live. I need to figure out my own living arrangement for a while.

"Aiden, I need to take some time to myself, I will book a hotel for the night, goodbye"

In that moment, I didn't even wait for his reply, I just got up and left. I arrived at a nearby hotel and booked a room for the night. It was quite expensive too, oh well, it's worth it. I'll be able to cry by myself tonight. I enter my room and grab my new phone. I realise I don't even have Aiden's or anyone's number on it. Oh well, I will go see Aiden tomorrow, today I will spend time on me. I lay on the bed and open Netflix. My phones in my hand and I fall asleep watching a movie.

It's the next day and I feel so fresh, yet in the back of my mind I have the burden of not knowing whether or not Aiden loves me. I check out of the hotel room, and head towards Aiden's house. He wouldn't be expecting me back so soon, I go ahead and knock and a girl opens it up. She's in a towel, her hairs wet and she has this glow. Who is she? Why is she at my boyfriend's house?

"Excuse me who are you?" I say quite angrily.

"I'm Celeste, and you?"

"Laila, why are you at my boyfriends house?"

"Erm, your boyfriend, he's my boyfriend"

In that moment I run away, I don't know where I'm running to but I keep running. I can't believe it, he's cheating on me and we only just became a couple. So he did have a girlfriend. I knew our relationship was too good to be true, I was just his side piece. He's the man I lost my virginity to, which I wasn't going to lose until marriage. I can't believe it. Tears are streaming down my face as I keep running away. My phone starts ringing endlessly and I just want the noise to stop. I want to smash my phone into the ground. I can't believe I've been so naive, I have never been this vulnerable before, a man has made me different and now I'll never be the same. He made me get kicked out of my house, I have no one and no where to go.

I keep running and running and I end up at my parents house. I don't know how I end up there but it is if as fate wanted me to be there. Mascara was running down my face and my makeup was a mess. I looked horrible. I started bashing my parents door and my mum answers not knowing it's going to be me. She has a blank yet worried look on her face, I look up at her and hug her tightly.

"Mom, I am so sorry, please don't let me stay out there, I want to be back, please let me back mom"

At first she didn't hug me back, but then her arms wrapped around my body, I continue crying and she brings me back into my home. It feels amazing to say that. As much as I felt stuck at home, it was where I belonged. I keep crying to her and she assures me everything going to be okay. I can tell she missed me too.

My dad walks into the living room, I look up at him and beg for forgiveness. He comes and sits next to me calmly and says, "my daughter, you know we love you, it will take time for me to forgive you for what you had done, but I'll still love you regardless, just promise me this will never happen again, you can come back here".

I have a big feeling of relief. At least one thing in my life is certain now, I can stay back at home. I run into my room and just jump into my bed. My face is down on my pillow and I scream as loud as I can, my whole pillow had an impression of my messed up makeup, but it felt good to let the anger out. It's like the movies, good girls always end up getting hurt. I wipe away my tears and go into my bed for an early night. Although I cannot put myself to sleep, I try my hardest. All I could think of was Aiden's betrayal. I told him I loved him. I thought everything was going to be okay.

My eyes slowly shut and I dozed off to sleep, we will see what the next day beholds.