CH.35: New Grounds

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It kinda feels like we're back in the Training Corps." Sasha says as she sorts food.

"Yeah... But why were we all picked for the new Levi Squad? Isn't protecting Eren, Ezlyn and Historia too important to leave up to us?" Armin sighs.

"I just means they can see we're talented." Sasha says in an upbeat tone. She slips something into her bag that was likely food related. Armin realises.

"Sasha, what did you just put in your bag?" He asks.

"Nothing remotely resembling bread." Sasha replys in a suspicious tone.

"Hey, you damn kleptomaniac! Put it back!" Jean shouts. Me and Historia just stand back and watch the scene before us.

"Forget that! We gotta finish cleaning before the Captain gets back!" Eren whines. As if on que the door opens and Levi walks in.

"Come on, we know you have it." Armin pleas Sasha.

"Why are you all fighting?" Levi asks, sounding annoyed. But no one seemed to hear him.

"You just never learn, do you?" Eren says to Sasha.

"We can't afford to waste food!" Armin yells. Eren seems to notice the Captain and he winces, practically hugging the broom he held.

"Cut the crap, Potato Girl!" Jean shouts. They all seem to notice Levi and stop arguing.

Levi runs his hand under the table then brings it up to his face to inspect it. He turns to the others. "Interesting. I know I gave you enough time." He says plainly. Everyone groans in frustrasion. "Oh, well... We'll discuss you lax cleaning job another time." He wipes his hand with a handkercheif. "Eren. Ezlyn. Hange is itching to get an experiment started."

I let out an exhausted sigh. "Right." I say, sounding tired.

"Cheer up. At least you didn't go to the Military Police Brigade." He turns to me. "We leave now. You, Eren and Historia will be in the cart with me. The others get your horses."

"Yes sir!"
-------------------------------------------------------------
We arrive at the destination where Hange and her squad were and I jump out the cart to greet her.

"Hello, Hange!" I smile, running up to her with my hands in the air.

"Ezlyn!" She exclaims with a massive grin on her face. I stop right in front of her and turn round to wait for the others. "So, guess what we're doing today?" She says.

I sigh and face her again. "I don't know. Tell me what we're doing crazy scientist?"

She scowls. "I'm not a 'crazy scientist', I'm just really into experiments." She whines. Eren comes over.

"Hello Section Commander Hange." He says formally.

"Ah, Eren. Just on time. I was just going to explain what we're doing today." She grins. Erens face falls into an exhausted look. "So, today we are going to see how many times you can shift, so we can take note. Are you up for it?"

I like the sound of this experiment for once. "Yeah, sure. I'm down." I say with a cheesy smile. I look at Eren whos cringing at me.

"Uhm, yeah. I'm up for it aswell." He sighs.

Hanji claps her hands. "Great! We'll have Ezlyn go first since her's is bigger." she says enthusiastically. I nod in responce and we turn round to face the others. "I want three to four of you on horses at the bottom of this cliff so if one of them go rogue they can't escape." Hange explains. "I want Armin and Historia to stay here with me, I want Armin to share and combine his smarts with mine." They both nod. She then turns to Levi. "Would you mind staying up here aswell?"